Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help me gain some direction please chaps!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No mate I collect through cp. But in the beginning I went through GC dashboard and made payment requests daily a 7 day invoice date means you ain't getting paid for nearly two weeks surely.

County Durham Lad

Yeah it takes 7 days to come out and then 7 days again to reach me. i'm not fussed on that though, it will balance itself out in the end. I don't know how quickly I could set the invoice date for it to come out. I'm also quite conscious that I don't wan to take people overdrawn, if that means I wait an extra few days and keep a customer surely thats better, I mean i'm the one demanding 4/8 week cycles. I just think the first time someone goes overdrawn because of it they will think 'sod the window cleaner'

I considered trying CP but I just spent £650 on the latest iPad so i'm determined to get use out of it haha.

Yeah it takes 7 days to come out and then 7 days again to reach me. i'm not fussed on that though, it will balance itself out in the end. I don't know how quickly I could set the invoice date for it to come out. I'm also quite conscious that I don't wan to take people overdrawn, if that means I wait an extra few days and keep a customer surely thats better, I mean i'm the one demanding 4/8 week cycles. I just think the first time someone goes overdrawn because of it they will think 'sod the window cleaner'

I considered trying CP but I just spent £650 on the latest iPad so i'm determined to get use out of it haha.
Personally I would sack off quick books and go with cp, You need to get your money in ASAP this will become more of an issue when you don't have your other wage

As for being conscious about putting people over drawn it's not your issue it's theirs to ensure they have money to pay their bills, No one can walk in a shop pick stuff off the shelf and say I will pay you when I get paid.

Otherwise you will end up stressed out when you're rounds are full and it may well be you who is going overdrawn

County Durham Lad

I must admit. When I was researching becoming a windy I came across GC again and again and I thought ‘sod it, I’ll make all my customers sign up for it from the beginning’ I have all bar two signed up. One lives across the road from me. Large £35 quid house for an hours work. Worth the cash, lovely genuine lady. Second is a friend who again is older but I know her. Anyone else? No thanks, GC before I clean every time!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yep as said above, canvassing overall generates more leads & work. But leaflets can & will pick up some work. All a numbers game, more people you speak to and the more leaflets you post the more work you’ll get obviously. When canvassing take note of ‘not homes’ then call back either 5-7pm or on a Saturday morning etc. Even if people on a street where I’ve got just 1 job or so where people say “no we’ve got a window cleaner” I still post my leaflet through every 6-9months.

Any ‘one off clean’ I always post at least 5 houses one side of the job, 5 houses the other side of the house and a few houses opposite etc
? “Stay off my patch” you quote, but you continue to canvass where others are operating, free for all ?

? “Stay off my patch” you quote, but you continue to canvass where others are operating, free for all ?
Haha yep I know lol 

Definitely enough work out there for all, especially if we offer add ons. 

I see youre in Dorset @Carts69 I haven’t ‘trod on your toes’ so to speak have I?  I’m in Bournemouth. You local?

Yeah I’m over in Poole bud, just starting out next couple weeks, I’m all tooled up (so to speak) I’ll mainly be concentrating my side of the border, my only interest in bmth is AFCB, I’m sure I can make a living across this side & further beyond! ?

Yeah I’m over in Poole bud, just starting out next couple weeks, I’m all tooled up (so to speak) I’ll mainly be concentrating my side of the border, my only interest in bmth is AFCB, I’m sure I can make a living across this side & further beyond! ?
Ok mate good on ya! Up the cherries!? 

well I don’t cover anything In Poole (apart from bearwood) so pm your details if you want and I’ll happily give someone your details if they’re poole way.

I did have someone ask me ‘do I cover Hamworthy?’ a few weeks ago, I don’t and I didn’t know anyone who did.

Cheers for that, I’ll fire through a pm to you nearer the time & hopefully it may be beneficial, nice to chat with someone local & may be helpful to get some advice/guidance of you in the early stages if that’s cool with you?

Cheers for that, I’ll fire through a pm to you nearer the time & hopefully it may be beneficial, nice to chat with someone local & may be helpful to get some advice/guidance of you in the early stages if that’s cool with you?
Anytime. I had a couple of people who were really helpful with me when I was starting out so always happy to help someone else. 

Much appreciated, I’ve found this forum superb, a wealth of information & tips which to the beginner is invaluable.

So yeah.. thanks for the offer & im sure I’ll need pockets of advice here n there in my quest to becoming fully fledged ?

CP? Brain fog at work this side.
Cleaner Planner they have a partner integration, So you can make bulk payment requests with one click of a button.

All clients on GoCardless get synced with Cleaner Planner with their provided email address. It makes bulk requests effortless.

County Durham Lad

So I'm going full Bob Duff and dragging up an ancient post......

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded and came to my aid on this post. In the last 3 months I have quadrupled the size of my business. Last month I pulled in more than I used to earn in my last job. I appreciate I am still on the journey but 3 months ago I was staring into the abyss not knowing what would come of this crazy idea of mine. I figured I would get enough to pay the bills and perhaps need to pick up a part time job in the winter... Instead of that I am looking at when I will feel the round is ''full'' and how I can then put a second van on the road.

Genuinely don't feel this would have gone as well without the help of so many of you on here and I really appreciate it!

Really great to hear mate. If have enough to get you through the winter months as is now then that's great and your rounds will keep on growing.

County Durham Lad

Really great to hear mate. If have enough to get you through the winter months as is now then that's great and your rounds will keep on growing.

County Durham Lad

Well probably not at the point to take me through winter just yet, but well on the way to it. It's tough and hard work at the mo because there are so many first cleans. As I start to do some maintenance cleans its much easier. I invested in a gutter vac about 2 months back which has paid for itself already but the income from gutters etc has topped me up nicely. I am under no illusions I need to fill lots of gaps by the end of september as those first cleans and gutters may not be there in winter. Next comes the challenge of managing the round and making it more efficient. I have already started to move people around and even made the call it is better to move someone onto a longer cycle so that they fit in with others in the same street. Culled some bad customers which was a difficult decision even if you know its the right one!

In theory you should get more gutter jobs in winter. Heavier rain fall and more leaves in them tends to show up more. It's also easier to highlight this to your customers. 
Fingers crossed. I reckon they’ll also be easier to clear. I only got a budget gutter vac and it clogs up with all the dried moss but when it’s been raining that flys right through with little or no blockages! Think next years investment will be a decent one!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back