Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help needed ! Deadends

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@h.a.s window cleaningmy apologise for my comment causing you just offence, had I anyway of knowing I would have certainly not wrote what I did, it's unfortunately born out of our latest generations lack of actually being bothered to type a full word and it being everywhere there is a typed word ?
It's ok mate all has been forgotten bud I just get my back up at times. But like I say all is forgot and thank you for the msg. All the best for Christmas buddy

I have had a person criticise my spelling on more than one occasion, sometimes it’s when I post without having my glasses on , sometimes it’s me cannot spell , and sometimes it’s predictive txt , ???? , but it’s water off a ducks back with me I don’t really care it doesn’t offend me , some words like for I keep hitting the wrong key and put fir now my predictive txt now puts fir when I put for ????? , ime glad that it gives some a rye smile hopefully makes there day a bit better ???
Wasn't me was it? ? I used to use the grammarly app on my laptop and that would auto correct my spelling but it stopped working on this forum but overtime when it did work it helped me learn to improve my spelling, 

I am using my phone at the moment as no WiFi till later this month as I prefer to use my laptop, but I have to take my glasses off to type and read text on my phone and it's hurting my eyes using my phone, I need to get to the opticians as I put them down on the sofa the other day then knelt on them ☹️ 

Wasn't me was it? ? I used to use the grammarly app on my laptop and that would auto correct my spelling but it stopped working on this forum but overtime when it did work it helped me learn to improve my spelling, 

I am using my phone at the moment as no WiFi till later this month as I prefer to use my laptop, but I have to take my glasses off to type and read text on my phone and it's hurting my eyes using my phone, I need to get to the opticians as I put them down on the sofa the other day then knelt on them ☹️ 
That sounds like a comedy of errors. ? Most people put their glasses on to read. Even I know that!

I won't ask what you were doing kneeling on the sofa. What married couples do behind closed doors is entirely their own business. ?

Sort yourself out man, for heaven's sake.?

Lol must be 2 people then ??????

That sounds like a comedy of errors. ? Most people put their glasses on to read. Even I know that!

I won't ask what you were doing kneeling on the sofa. What married couples do behind closed doors is entirely their own business. ?

Sort yourself out man, for heaven's sake.?
I don't need glasses for reading and never have but could always read whilst wearing them for the last 25 years, 

Been married 20 years now only happens at Xmas only 2 days to go ?

I need help to sort myself out ?, my head is battered of late with moving house, fixed leaking garage roof now it's coming in under the walls there was a 1" puddle of water in one corner and travelling as it's one of those prefabricated concrete ones and quite old I tried sealing the floor with a silicone the other day but it's found it's way in as the ground is higher than the base of the garage on one side with a 2ft gap between the wall and garden fence ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need glasses for reading and never have but could always read whilst wearing them for the last 25 years, 

Been married 20 years now only happens at Xmas only 2 days to go ?

I need help to sort myself out ?, my head is battered of late with moving house, fixed leaking garage roof now it's coming in under the walls there was a 1" puddle of water in one corner and travelling as it's one of those prefabricated concrete ones and quite old I tried sealing the floor with a silicone the other day but it's found it's way in as the ground is higher than the base of the garage on one side with a 2ft gap between the wall and garden fence ??
Ouch that's a nuisance. Hope you can get it sorted without too much difficulty. Maybe you could dig out around that side and put a gravel drain in or even put a perforated drain in the gravel as well.

now it's coming in under the walls there was a 1" puddle of water in one corner and travelling as it's one of those prefabricated concrete ones and quite old I tried sealing the floor with a silicone the other day but it's found it's way in as the ground is higher than the base of the garage on one side with a 2ft gap between the wall and garden fence ??
If you work out how to fix it let me know I have same issue but 50% of the floor floods! The slab is bigger by about a foot and no gutters. So rain falls onto slab and makes it's way into garage plus it's lowest point in garden. Keep meaning to pressure wash it then use some exterior frame sealant. Then maybe even add an extra mortar with water proofer fillet over the original one. Was thinking of adding gutters but not much to fix too plus no where to direct water too.  We have a similar gap between wall and fence but I think I could crawl down it to seal unless I eat too much at Christmas....

? I was joking, my personal life isn't something I talk about for obvious reasons something called respect ?

If you work out how to fix it let me know I have same issue but 50% of the floor floods! The slab is bigger by about a foot and no gutters. So rain falls onto slab and makes it's way into garage plus it's lowest point in garden. Keep meaning to pressure wash it then use some exterior frame sealant. Then maybe even add an extra mortar with water proofer fillet over the original one. Was thinking of adding gutters but not much to fix too plus no where to direct water too.  We have a similar gap between wall and fence but I think I could crawl down it to seal unless I eat too much at Christmas....
I am going to have to dig trench down one side to get the soil away from the wall but without doing something to to stop the soil moving again as there is a little side road between the houses which is about 12" higher than the base of the garage so something will need to be done with that as well. 

Then my plan for now is when it dries up is to use some butyl flashing as it will bond in much lower temperatures than sealants so I will apply down that bad side along the back and so on Far down the other side, a mate recommended using a blowtorch to fully dry the concrete out rapidly the silicone, then when the weather is suitable enough cement all the way around the base of the walls externally like you would the base of chimney so sloping away from the walls and also the seal the inside edges with the tape and or silicone, I need it water tight as I have a chest freezer, tumble dryer and all the usual stuff in there plus I need to get my R/O set up in there as well. 

Thankfully it is only really a small area by comparison to the size of the garage also the floor isn't level and the concrete floor was done in sections with a gap between each section, 

I am pretty bleedin annoyed about the issues with the garage as the daughters owner must have been aware of the issues as there was a big old fence post across the floor of the garage and it was soaking wet as rain was also blowing under the boarded up side door, which was filled the other day with expanding foam but must have missed a bit as it came in a bit yesterday under the door. 

I would rather make do and mend what we have as once I get it water tight it will serve us well, as we have a some big jobs to do on the house, as an old couple lived here since the 1950's 

I found this stuff maybe worth a try if you haven't used any silicone previously https://www.solseal.co.uk/products/febtank-plug/

Back