Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help please with making water into van.. 😃

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Will you make it

Hi Guys
I bought a second hand van with a 4 year old grippa tank installed in the back with part time use.
The system apparently allows you to plug in and make water into the tank.
The previous owner just used it as a fill up from Spotless and never used the system although 4 years ago when installed the guys tested it to be fine.
So I was wondering if anyone can show me or lead me to where I can find info to make life easier for myself?
He even gave me a full bag of resin.
For years I’ve been dispense only.
Any help appreciated and thank you in advance

If the filters and RO hasn't been used for 4 years you will probably need to replace them.
Try and speak to Grippa as they might be able to give you instructions.
I appreciate it's not the same time period but when we bought a new van the old vans membrane stood for a year and when we tried ot in the new van it performed exactly the same, and is still being used, efficiently, 3 years later.

The other vans r/o is only used once a month, with a starting TDS of 300+, and after 5 years still runs at 96%+

Personally I'd flush it for a couple of hours and see how it performs. Fairly certain the company that supplied it will be trying to over sell their products.

I appreciate it's not the same time period but when we bought a new van the old vans membrane stood for a year and when we tried ot in the new van it performed exactly the same, and is still being used, efficiently, 3 years later.

The other vans r/o is only used once a month, with a starting TDS of 300+, and after 5 years still runs at 96%+

Personally I'd flush it for a couple of hours and see how it performs. Fairly certain the company that supplied it will be trying to over sell their products.
Thinking about it, my van was stood for about 6 months without use and the ro works fine. I did replace the other filters and give it a good few hrs flushing. It's still working after 30 months but the efficency is dropping a little.

Thanks Part Timer - I expect the company will be in touch to offer unrivalled advice and free parts should I need them 😏

Back