Help With Traditional Cleaning Please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Jul 4, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Got a £18.00 one off job for insides and outsides to be done this sunday as shes moving house so she wanted her house cleaning good.

I just bought this for cleaning insides traditional.

http://www.tesco.com...isions_215-1684

And i also bought a squeege and bucket

In the bucket i mix water and liquid

The bottom right of the picture i use to clean the window i soak the window up with all liquid and give it a good clean.... then i squeege it off

Any water that is left on the sills i just wipe it down with a towel.

When i clean i will put a towel on the floor just to make sure nothing goes on the floor

is this okay ? is this how it should be done lads ? thankyou

Advertisement
  2. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Tesco shite mate get sum decent stuff bought it will work out better for u in long run

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Buy better because you'll use it again H and ya don't want to buy new kit every other week mate. All you needed was a couple of cloths/microfibres for frame/sill, an applicator. squeegee, channels and a scrim/microfibre for detailing. Oh and a bucket/sprayer.

Oh and if you've not practised fanning technique straight pull with the squeegee, it takes a bit of practise does that.

4. harunh

harunh Legend

Got no cash to buy quality so just started off cheap,

I dont need an applicator i am just going to use that one what u can see in the photo FOR THE TIME BEING lol aslong as it cleans the glass :p

-----

Im going to buy a towel and microfibre cloth now and ill be on my way :) and its hard to squeege !

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Jeez H you gonna lose ya virginity lol .

Seriously H wtf were you thinking buying that gear ????? you need to buy a half decent set up lad and it will last you forever at those rates lol .
    My kit cost me £30.00 from the cleaning warehouse and i have earned that maybe 20x over now .

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Ok go to wilkos, get their window cleaning kit. Throw everything else in the bin except the applicator and 2 sleeves, will cost you a fiver.

I bought one when practising when started and still use it on the worst first cleans. I do put foam in it though.

7. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Of course ya need an applicator you will be there forever trying to clean windows with that effort .
    get an applicator buy quality dont buy twice .

8. harunh

harunh Legend

I will have to do this when i get more insides to clean but this is only a 1 off lads :p lol im not going to trad at all... just insides.... and its a 1 off so dont worry :p

I am not goign to put water in bucket... im goign to get a bottle with water and liquid in it... and just spray it on the window :) then give it a good scrub then squeege it off and do a bit of detailing if needed

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

More or less exactly what I do H, just with an applicator. I don't use a bucket.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

Okay so Dodger you just spray on the window.... and instead of using that tesco thing i use... u have applicator and do the same as me mate? lol

Advertisement