Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi I own ProClean Pressure Washing in Pen Argyl / Easton PA....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Procleanpw

We currently only do ONLY pressure washing (soft washing + roof cleaning), but I was thinking about adding window cleaning and/or gutter cleaning, but I wasn't sure if it was 'worth it' as an add-on. Any traditional pressure washing companies tried adding these services with success?

Thanks
Ryan

ProCleanPW.com

We currently only do ONLY pressure washing (soft washing + roof cleaning), but I was thinking about adding window cleaning and/or gutter cleaning, but I wasn't sure if it was 'worth it' as an add-on. Any traditional pressure washing companies tried adding these services with success?

Thanks
Ryan

ProCleanPW.com

Any 'add on' is a money maker. Depends how busy you are with just pressure washing and soft washing. It's something I'm considering as I want to keep busy all year round, I'm just looking at setups now for pure water.

Don't be greedy pal and leave the trad cleaning to us lads who know what we're doing. No offence.
to be honest, I had zero intention of getting into window cleaning as have always had a good relationship with local WC. Though the understanding was they wouldn't get involved with what I do and I wouldn't offer what they offer.

Well, once I caught them out a few times & now it's a free for all in my book. I'll happily now be very petty and going to start my own round.

I totally understand that you might want to branch out into windows, even more so if your not making enough with your chosen profession, the grim reality that nobody seems to be talking about, is that the cleaning market is becoming evermore flooded with new start ups, so many that it has now diluted the customer pool to nearly non existent levels, established long term cleaners whom already have a large customer base are not always aware of how bad it is.

I have been going 15 years now, i am not the cheapest and even I have started branching out into pressure washing & other work just to make ends meet, i am stuck in the industry now and always will be, i like the job so that helps but my advise if your only in it for the money, is to get out while you can.. Find something else to do, you will find that unless you are prepared to be super cheap & cut corners on cleans, you won't really be able to get the customer volume you need to break even. it's the same in every industry now, too many new starts and cowboys diluted the customer base too Zero..

Somebody once said there are plenty of windows to clean & while that's true, they forgot to add only so many owners of windows, actually want them clean & some of those again will do their own windows, & at least half of that number again won't pay for it lmao Oh Dear have i been here too long because to me it's just normal at this point.. It takes years to know how to clean windows properly tbh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I totally understand that you might want to branch out into windows, even more so if your not making enough with your chosen profession, the grim reality that nobody seems to be talking about, is that the cleaning market is becoming evermore flooded with new start ups, so many that it has now diluted the customer pool to nearly non existent levels, established long term cleaners whom already have a large customer base are not always aware of how bad it is.

I have been going 15 years now, i am not the cheapest and even I have started branching out into pressure washing & other work just to make ends meet, i am stuck in the industry now and always will be, i like the job so that helps but my advise if your only in it for the money, is to get out while you can.. Find something else to do, you will find that unless you are prepared to be super cheap & cut corners on cleans, you won't really be able to get the customer volume you need to break even. it's the same in every industry now, too many new starts and cowboys diluted the customer base too Zero..

Somebody once said there are plenty of windows to clean & while that's true, they forgot to add only so many owners of windows, actually want them clean & some of those again will do their own windows, & at least half of that number again won't pay for it lmao Oh Dear have i been here too long because to me it's just normal at this point.. It takes years to know how to clean windows properly tbh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lol this certainly isn’t the case ware we are we can’t keep up with demand and are turning work away on a weekly basis , there are a few new starters here and within 12 months have more work than they can cope with .

to be honest, I had zero intention of getting into window cleaning as have always had a good relationship with local WC. Though the understanding was they wouldn't get involved with what I do and I wouldn't offer what they offer.

Well, once I caught them out a few times & now it's a free for all in my book. I'll happily now be very petty and going to start my own round.
It’s a free for all anyway pal. No one can tell you where you can or cannot work.

that's entirely down to where you happen to live, and not applicable in many parts of the uk
[/

Ime sure there are far more houses in the West Midlands than ware we are you would need to have hundreds of window cleaners for there to be a saturation compared to the number of properties , I keep hearing ones saying what you are saying but know several window cleaners in the Midlands and Newcastle area and they don’t have problems getting work , no idea why some can’t seam to , I accept it might be more difficult to get a compact round in some areas and some ethic groups don’t want to pay for window cleaning . Might pay to look at moving to a different part of the country and build a round from scratch it’s still possible to build compact work down here over the last 5 years I know of at least 6 that have done that and in 12 months have more than enough work , it’s worth a look .

it has nothing to do with number of properties, it has to do with how many people actually want their windows cleaned to start with, when you break that number down into sub groups, you will find that the work pool is very low now, due to over saturation of workers in this trade... yeah you could be right moving area might help, but that is not an option right now due to other life commitments, but again there are still too many cleaners vs ppl who actually want cleans & will stick to having it done... that's the same all around the country, you might not feel like that because you already have a large established round... I have watched 20 new starters give up in this area last year alone their reason, not enough demand to meet the cleaner to demand ratios, that's why many of them are now branching out to other types of jobs, because window cleaning does not pay enough round here, it's a chicken and egg situation... i reckon at least 30 cleaners in my area alone need to go out of business just to create the demand to make it competitive and profitable... But at this rate the stagnation will set in and make things worse for everyone...

it has nothing to do with number of properties, it has to do with how many people actually want their windows cleaned to start with, when you break that number down into sub groups, you will find that the work pool is very low now, due to over saturation of workers in this trade... yeah you could be right moving area might help, but that is not an option right now due to other life commitments, but again there are still too many cleaners vs ppl who actually want cleans & will stick to having it done... that's the same all around the country, you might not feel like that because you already have a large established round... I have watched 20 new starters give up in this area last year alone their reason, not enough demand to meet the cleaner to demand ratios, that's why many of them are now branching out to other types of jobs, because window cleaning does not pay enough round here, it's a chicken and egg situation... i reckon at least 30 cleaners in my area alone need to go out of business just to create the demand to make it competitive and profitable... But at this rate the stagnation will set in and make things worse for everyone...
[/QUOTE

So are you saying that not many want their windows cleaning in Your area ? Guess it also will depend on what the potential customer base does for work and what they earn ? If the majority are on low paid jobs then I suppose they don’t want to spend on that having said that I have friends in Newcastle that are flat out with work and they don’t live in the nice areas that have money m and the trad cleaners in that area do two weekly visits as well , my friends are WFP and do monthly cleans for more than the trad prices but still have plenty of work . Most down here are retired , semi retired or run their own businesses or have plenty in the bank so moneys not an issue , there are poor areas and we do some council houses at the same prices as privately owned properties and ones don’t bat an eye lid at paying for it . It’s a strange world

those west midland folks don't like spending the money it seems! I'm sure different areas vary. I suppose you venturing into 'pressure washing' is no different to folk starting up a new window cleaning business? anyway, good luck fella and it takes years to learn how to clean patios and driveways :)

Back