Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi I'm Garry been wanting to start up for a while. Will begin with weekends. Is this good enough?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gbearley

Already have a transit connect, and looking for equipment, come across this for hassle free set up is it worth it or is there a better setup for a similar or cheaper price?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024_111210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024_111210_Chrome.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 16
Welcome @gbearley ,
Do you have a bit more information about budget, location, number of customers etc? Would help us to have a better idea of what (in our experience) might work for you (y)

Welcome @gbearley ,
Do you have a bit more information about budget, location, number of customers etc? Would help us to have a better idea of what (in our experience) might work for you (y)
Of course. I'd be looking at doing it full time eventually when I have enough customers. I think about 200 would be a good amount.

Budget I'd like to spend around £1000-£1500 on equipment.

I'm based in Leeds

Thanks for the reply

It would get you started on a few conditions. First off check the payload of your van - the tank holds 325lts so 325kg + the tank, frame, reel, battery, DO vessel etc, then add you a full tank of fuel and see if that's under your max payload.
Secondly using just DI to make pure water could be very expensive if you have high tds - buy a decent tds meter from a reputable source like daqua - ebay and amazon have lots of uncalibrated fakes!

It would get you started on a few conditions. First off check the payload of your van - the tank holds 325lts so 325kg + the tank, frame, reel, battery, DO vessel etc, then add you a full tank of fuel and see if that's under your max payload.
Secondly using just DI to make pure water could be very expensive if you have high tds - buy a decent tds meter from a reputable source like daqua - ebay and amazon have lots of uncalibrated fakes!
Says payload is 625 to 825kg apparently.

Could I not just fill up at a pure water filling station? And wouldn't have to test it or do you recommend

Says payload is 625 to 825kg apparently.

Could I not just fill up at a pure water filling station? And wouldn't have to test it or do you recommend
Check on your vehicle registration document as that should say your payload not the range for the Connect models.
Best to test as it will be your reputation on the line if your water causes spotting.
If you are filling up from spotless be aware that they have closed filling stations in the past. I'm not saying don't use them as they will be a convenient way to get pure. Long term I would say plan on being able to produce your own at home.

My biggest tip for you: Read the whole forum and make notes. You will learn so much.

Already have a transit connect, and looking for equipment, come across this for hassle free set up is it worth it or is there a better setup for a similar or cheaper price?
Waterfed pole systems and getting fully kitted out properly ain't cheap so take cheap out of the equation, as for the system I bought a 425ltr one with PowerUp reel and overall I am really pleased with it just had the odd teething problem along the way which happens things just needed tightening up and adjusting, for this you'll need spares and tools.

The dry weight of that system including everything attached to it is around 75-100kg kg that's what I was told by WCW it didn't feel that heavy when I put it in my van myself, also what you need to factor into your budget is that the tank will need bolting in WCW charge £400 at Liverpool or their sister company Purefreedom who are based in Grimsby charge £600 for fitting

Also, you need to read this https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/protecting-van-system-in-cold-temps.37305/ as your van will need prepping to protect your system in the coming cold months

Back