Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi need some help I am starting off in window cleaning in Peterborough

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ok not good new in some way but leaning curve I thought would need 3 stage filter be for the membrane any way may be will have to replaced it has Well I really appreciate your time explaining this tho thanks 
The most you need is 2 prefilters, a sediment and then a carbon block such as a Fiberdyne. You don't need a third filter (GAC) to improve the taste of the water.

A Fiberdyne (and others) can be used as a combination filter that removes sediment and removes chlorine. However, as our water can be full of sediment, I have on occasions had to replace the sediment filter twice before the service life of the Fiberdyne (my carbon block filter of choice) needs replacing. As a sediment filter is much cheaper than the carbon block filter, I prefer to protect the carbon block with a cheap, sacrificial sediment filter. 

Replacing your prefilters won't help you improve your r/o's efficiency unless they are totally blocked up and restricting water flow through them. Your prefilters are only there to protect your membrane. That's their sole purpose.

You will always assume that anyone buying a used r/o will have to replace membranes and prefilters. These are expensive and is probably the reason why the original owner decided to sell it. (Experience.)

For a membrane to be working efficiently it needs the correct water pressure for the make and variant of the membrane. It also needs sufficient water flow at that pressure.

The membrane needs to have a pure to waste ratio of around 2 waste to 1 pure whilst producing water. It needs to be tuned to find it's sweet spot. You might be able to get the waste down to 1.5 to 1 pure. When making small adjustments to the waste gate/valve you need to wait a while before taking a reading. This allows enough time for the r/o to settle down.

An efficiently performing membrane will remove around 97 to 98% of the impurities in the water. When the efficiently gets to around 94% then you should consider replacing the membrane.

At 55ppm before resin your r/o is only 83% efficient. The pure leaving your r/o should be around 10ppm or lower.

It's important to know your water pressure. An Axeon HF4 needs a higher water pressure that an HF5. My HF5 is happy with 50psi. An hf4 needs around 80psi

Brodex only provide 1 prefilter. They fit a sediment into it. They don't fit a carbon block as they expect not using one will reduce membranes longevity and lead to increased sales.

You can take the sediment filter out and replace it with a Fiberdyne carbon block which can act as a sediment filter combo.

You also need to strip the di vessel down and check it very thoroughly. Brodex like to not fit a sealing o ring in the filter head where the pipe to the lower basket fits into the head. This gives the indication that the resin is depleted as all the resin in the Di vessel isn't being used.
You should write a book on RO's and water production

You can now upload and publish a book on Amazon and they print it

I'd buy it

You should write a book on RO's and water production

You can now upload and publish a book on Amazon and they print it

I'd buy it
Most of us know this stuff because we have been educated in the University of Hard Knocks. You've been to the same University Austin.  ? We had no one to ask in the early days of WFP so we ran our w/c business by the 'seat of our pants.' Nowadays, all a newbie has to do is use the search button and/or ask.

Most of us know this stuff because we have been educated in the University of Hard Knocks. You've been to the same University Austin.  ? We had no one to ask in the early days of WFP so we ran our w/c business by the 'seat of our pants.' Nowadays, all a newbie has to do is use the search button and/or ask.
Yes totally, I'm actually writing a book on low voltage practical hobby electronics

Well, I've had to call it that incase someone tries playing with 125amp 3 phase

A pocket guide on automotive and hobby electronics projects 101

Red wire black wire and so on

May draw a small interest haha

Latest Posts

Back