Hi

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Macks, Dec 27, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Macks

Macks Newcomer

Hi,

Please to meet you all.

I own a handyman business, looking to expand by adding window cleaning, so finding the best way to start up.

Great place you've got here, been reading the tutorials, although the supplier links don't seem to work?

Was looking at: http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/t...ow-cleaning-a-4-page-primer.7124/#post-101664

But the links come up with an error, was interested in backpack system, as want to go WFP route.

I saw a kit on another website: "hotwash waterfed pole trolley system"? Is this worth it or too expensive for newbie?

Cheers everyone.

Advertisement
  2. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Welcome to the party Macks , good bunch a guys and gals on here ,

I take it you've been looking on the window tools forum ,, I was thinking of going down the hot water route , still researching it I use a cold water trolley system from pure freedom . I didn't have enough time to research the DIY route which is cheaper ,,,

So I hear hot water is better ,,,,, good luck

Where you based ,,,?????

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Hi Macks and welcome. You're right, the links don't work. Maybe Gav can look into it.

4. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Being a handy man why not make a trolley system? It will be a hell of a lot cheaper so ur investment will be safer, also u can use it for doing conservatory roofs. I have a thread on how to make one in the diy section, if u have a van u should use a better trolley than i use even though it suits me very well.

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome mate. Will look into this In a bit ;)

6. TolishAPurd

Welcome matey.:thumbsup:

Theres a few handymen on here, myself included. For what its worth, I personally wouldn't go the route you are planning, at least not at the moment anyway. If you don't have a round yet, then I would recommend going the traditional route first. For a start, its nice and cheap, and also you won't have a grand or twos worth of equipment lying about with no customers to use it on. Also, if you decide to give it up, theres no real loss. WFP also takes up a lot of room in a van, so if you are planning to mix it in with other jobs then it will impede your ability to carry certain materials or tools, without a lot of faffing about at least. Good luck whatever you decide,and keep us posted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Macks

Macks Newcomer

Thanks for your replies. Yep it was Window Tools site, didn't know they had a forum, the trolley just came up in google when searching for startup kit.

I could build my own, though I haven't looked deep enough into this to understand exactly what I'd need to do so.

I take it I could build my own verson under the £1200 they're asking?

Is hot water the route to go or not worth it?

Thanks again.

8. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

U can replicate my trolley for about £75 then theres the pole and brush etc and water purification equipment, water containers.

Tolishapurd is right, u should try traditional as its a lot cheaper, plus im a big believer that both methods are best to have, u will find quite a few hybrid window cleaners on here, myself included.

9. Macks

Macks Newcomer

Sounds good, though wouldn't taking a ladder everywhere be just as cumbersome?

Haven't got a van, using a medium estate car.

If I was to get a van, does WFP need transit size van, or is Astravan size ok. I was actually thinking of getting a berlingo or Kangoo so I'd get te seats in the back.

10. Macks

Macks Newcomer

So we're talking what, a few hundred for everything if I go trad? Haven't got a 20ft ladder either.

How much is the backpack on that broken link.

Advertisement