Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Internal office windows, help with pricing please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello, I am new here ?
Me and my partner run an ordinary cleaning business, mostly commercial.
We’ve been asked to clean an internal windows for one of our bigger clients.
Here comes the problem.
We’ve cleaned windows before, but never of this scale.
The building is 1000 square meters, over two stories and the outer walls are basically glass, a mix of small, big and large windows. Some open, some don’t.
For mostly half of them we’d have to use a step ladder and a long pole for the others, some 30% can be done easily from the ground. Quite difficult access to nearly half of them, as there are desks sitting close to the windows.
Using the traditional squeegee method…
Please can someone guide me how to price this?! Or what’s the current cost of a internal window cleaning? Because we are out of our “comfort zone” here ??‍♀️
Many thanks!

Only you know your hourly rate. If you think it will take 3 hrs and you are not used to pole work I would guess at doubling the time you think it will take - not that I am an expert on pole work by any means.

Thanks for your reply.
But what I would really like to know is how much would any of you charge for an internal cleaning of 296 windows, most of them hard to reach.
Because our hourly rate doesn’t apply here. Basically it’s a price for this specific job I am after…
Thanks!

296 x £3 per window = £888.00

Probably go higher tho if you don't have experience cleaning high windows, as it may take sometime.

Hope this helps a little. Can’t get any better at the moment
Ok thanks need to see the building from a distance to get an idea of size but best part of 300 windows inside is going to take a while especially if you aren’t used to doing it and moving stuff out of the way and using steps or a pole will take a long time I would try doing a section time it and then multiply that by the number of Windows and hop you should have an idea of time needed then you can work out a price , also need to take into account what’s on the Windows anything greasy or blue tack sellotape etc more time will be needed .

Ok thanks need to see the building from a distance to get an idea of size but best part of 300 windows inside is going to take a while especially if you aren’t used to doing it and moving stuff out of the way and using steps or a pole will take a long time I would try doing a section time it and then multiply that by the number of Windows and hop you should have an idea of time needed then you can work out a price , also need to take into account what’s on the Windows anything greasy or blue tack sellotape etc more time will be needed .
I know what you mean, re. the pictures but unfortunately don’t have any of the whole building available just now.
But at least I’ve got something to work around. Thanks

Thanks. Reckon it will take somewhere between 6-8 hours for two people. Most likely closer to that 8 because of the difficult access to most of them
As others have said it is impossible to give numbers on something we can't see. All I'd say is it sounds like a.4 hour job for 2.men to clean the outside.
Personal experience tells me, with poor access and up and down ladders, you won't be doing the internals i n 8 hours.
Good luck on winning the contract and making it work. More pictures and info on how you get.on would be educational for others.

With all the above taken into account don't forget it will be a lot of leg work as well, big numbers can get you a bit giddy, I quoted a similar size job this week external only first clean priced it well and never heard a dicky bird I chased it up and still nothing.

Latest Posts

Back