Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside window cleaning - help on pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wheels912

Hello. I've recently started to help my partner with window cleaning. I do the insides. I wanted to get some advice on pricing. I'm slower than I should be because I'm new to it, so what would be helpful is if someone could give me a guide of the price per pane for inside cleaning. My partner hasn't done many inside jobs either so advice from others would be gratefully received. I've looked on previous posts and others have mentioned £1.50 per pane for insides but those posts were several years ago. Has this changed? Thanks so much in advance

Some people charge 1.5 or 2 times the cost of the outside windows.
I always feel a bit grimey trying to double price interior windows, maybe i am too nice haha. Basically i price them like this - if they have good edges / nice glass for quick low detail finshing + decent access / not a load of stuff to move off the sills i charge the same price as outside - if there is other factors at play like china dogs to move and plants ect i price an extra 30-50% (same as you would for a first clean on exterior when its dirty therefore slower) - when quoting higher always back yourself sound confident in your price and explain if asked why its gonna be more

Thanks for your reply. Is there a rough cost per window?
@wheels912 is it just houses and flats etc where you are already cleaning the outside? If so, and the internal windows are all easy to reach - no step or anything needed - usually I charge about the same as I do the outside (so a £15 external clean becomes a £30 clean for external and internal). I do ask though that any ornaments or knick-knacks etc are moved from window sills, any furniture that might be in the way is moved away a bit, and if it's a bit damp outside or the house has nice carpets/floors I put on those little shoe covers over my work shoes.
The only windows I find need a bit more stubborn are kitchen windows if they are near a cooker or hob because they get steam and grease from the cooking on them, so you might want to charge a bit extra there. Unfortunately it's a little bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' exercise until you get used to it. You'll definitely speed up. It's not for everyone but I don't mind internals at all. Good quality Squeegee, an applicator that's damp but not too wet, and some good microfiber cloths and you'll be fine.

Remember a lot of window cleaners won’t do insides, so you can price accordingly.

I charge 1.5 times outside price, more if it’s a one off.
So a £20 house would be £30 for the inside. So £50.00 total.
I tell them I’m not insured to touch ornaments etc so they are removed first.

I was trad for 12 years, so I can fly around, so it’s a nice little earner

I just tell customers it’s double the outside price. And that its because it takes me twice as long. Simple as that.
All depends if you are busy or not.
If you’re busy then you don’t mind not getting them. Don’t really get asked for that many insides but when I do I get around 9 out of 10 I would imagine.
As others have said makes a big difference if you can get them to move everything from sills etc

Be aware @wheels912 that if anything goes missing, i.e. a priceless ring or other jewellery, the first person they will point a finger at is the window cleaner.

We hate doing internals and only do some downstairs internal windows for one customer now; my wife's boss' house.

1.5 to 2x the external price for me. Don't really push it as too busy, about 5-6 that asked me and I do yearly/6 monthly. They know the drill to remove ornaments etc. and some say whenever you're rained off you can text me for the internals so nice to earn something on even the wettest days.

Just be aware if any extra patio doors leading I to connys or glass internal doors/mirrors as sometimes they catch you out. I do them but turn down glass shower screens as too long and needs proper cleaning products rather than what I carry.

Just price as you see fit that you want to earn and learn from any underpricing for the future quotes. ?

I was doing an internal on a lantern roof and sacked this off as although it's easy enough it involves putting down old towels on the floor as it's a wooden floor a rubber non-slip mat to place my ladder on and moving it each time,

I have another one high-level internal windows with deep window reveals/sills which can be seen from a mezzanine level. These have to be done with my telescopic ladder 10 windows in total plus one side of two glass balustrades and dodging around a chandelier, ideally, I'd sack this off but it's the do get their windows cleaned once every 4 weeks and it's a good paying job as it's 7 bed detached house

Latest Posts

Back