Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

High Water readings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Im sure some of these people who come on here dont actually exist. Odd i know, but there you go. Anyway, thats my half penarth for the day. off to do some power drinking, take care all,? :1f609:

Im sure some of these people who come on here dont actually exist. Odd i know, but there you go. Anyway, thats my half penarth for the day. off to do some power drinking, take care all,? :1f609:
How did your power drinking go?

Did mine yesterday as it was the first game of the season.

Met up at London Bridge at half 10, on it til half 2, watched game, back to Bromley high Street by 6, then on it til ten, back to my local and left there at quarter to 3 this morning.

I think I would pay someone to shoot me now ???

Met up at London Bridge at half 10, on it til half 2, watched game, back to Bromley high Street by 6, then on it til ten, back to my local and left there at quarter to 3 this morning.

Lightweight lol

I went to a mates 30th last night... 3 pints of cider, left an ten oclock, asleep by 12. Woke up 4 oclock this morning and still got a fuzzy head now even after a shower and god knows how many cups of tea. First time i’ve had alcohol in months and i cant say im in a rush for next time. Horrible stuff ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

yes mate went well, 12 hour session  and now paying for it. Thats enough for me ( till next weekend)

When I was admin on another forum nothing to do with window cleaning, all non posters was asked to either get in involved  or had their account deactivated as it makes no senses to have inflated member numbers that don't contribute to discussions.
that would be the perfect solution den but,as I type now 12.02 on a sunday aft theres 20 members logged in,50 guests browsing all the forum and gleaning all the info they need without bothering to register,it being a public forum puts many people off from posting-myself included hence I don't start any topics anymore or rarely comment on posts,quite a few members feel the same way hence,you get the same 10 or so people posting and many abstaining or glancing through the posts then logging out

a good friend once said to me that he'd rather have a forum of 20 people who regually contributed than 200 members where 180 just lurked 

I have long held the belief that only registered members should be allowed to view all content.

This is definetly something which needs addressing and us regular members should collectively be contributing as much as we can and find a way to encourage all the registered members to contribute as we are all equal regardless of how much we experience we have on the job as everybody has something to offer whether they are thinking it or not.

County Durham Lad

I have long held the belief that only registered members should be allowed to view all content.

This is definetly something which needs addressing and us regular members should collectively be contributing as much as we can and find a way to encourage all the registered members to contribute as we are all equal regardless of how much we experience we have on the job as everybody has something to offer whether they are thinking it or not.

County Durham Lad
I agree,we are all equal on this forum,granted some have more experience in certain areas than others but that's when the help comes in handy and many are so happy to share and help,iron giant,both you and me and,many others on this forum know more gets sorted out via private messaging or groups than does on the normal feed we all see as a forum.

collectively if that effort was placed into the normal feed of a forum it would be a good place to be,for me at the moment the forum feels like your favourate old guy with his pipe and cardigan just watching the world go by,just for example,wcw brought a new pole out last week,it was all over facebook with reviews and pictures even videos,it would be six months or more on here before it filtered down (the uk's no1 forum apparently going by the advertisement).

I agree,we are all equal on this forum,granted some have more experience in certain areas than others but that's when the help comes in handy and many are so happy to share and help,iron giant,both you and me and,many others on this forum know more gets sorted out via private messaging or groups than does on the normal feed we all see as a forum.
collectively if that effort was placed into the normal feed of a forum it would be a good place to be,for me at the moment the forum feels like your favourate old guy with his pipe and cardigan just watching the world go by,just for example,wcw brought a new pole out last week,it was all over facebook with reviews and pictures even videos,it would be six months or more on here before it filtered down (the uk's no1 forum apparently going by the advertisement).
The pole isn't even out yet only the people who tested it can tell you what it's like...

You calling me and Spruce old guys with cardigans ?   The thing that struck see a picture of the pole was Stephen Fox has changed his mind on clamps. When he made a video mocking Gardiners clamps and saying lateral clamps were no good. Now they have a pole with them on so he must now see Alex has been right all these years. People get too excited when something comes out and they are entitled to their option. From others people’s perspective they will look at it from a technical point and sometimes will spot straight what the issue will be. If I was asking people to test something they would have to have some technical know how and this is a far better way to test a product before it comes to market. 

You calling me and Spruce old guys with cardigans ?   The thing that struck see a picture of the pole was Stephen Fox has changed his mind on clamps. When he made a video mocking Gardiners clamps and saying lateral clamps were no good. Now they have a pole with them on so he must now see Alex has been right all these years. People get too excited when something comes out and they are entitled to their option. From others people’s perspective they will look at it from a technical point and sometimes will spot straight what the issue will be. If I was asking people to test something they would have to have some technical know how and this is a far better way to test a product before it comes to market. 

I wouldn't put you in that catagory Doug, but 'old guy' is a relevant description of me. However, having been brought up in the tropics a cardigan was never an item of clothing I believed I needed or associated with wearing. We were forced to wear a school jersey (never called a cardigan) by my concerned mother when riding our bicycles to school in the 'winter' when we lived on the Copperbelt. By 7.30 in the morning it was too hot to wear it so it came off. It then became a pain as we had to look after it through the rest of the day.

My brother got sick of it and threw his in the gutter and told our mother it had been stolen. Mom threatened she wouldn't buy him another but for him that was the best outcome. He 'suffered' with the cold every morning after that.?

Back to the orginal subject, (or something nearabouts) welsh water rang me back today. We are receiving water from a different treatment works to normal. The water is harder therefore explaining our tds level at the tap doubling. It could go on for months they said, until the water cycle fully replenishes itself and they decide to switch us back to using our old treatment works. I’m now using as much harvested rainwater as i can otherwise we will be spending double on resin (+ i dont want to go down the route of getting an RO)
We have 400L of rainwater stored at a tds of 7. which will help big time. There’s thunderstorms coming at the weekend too apparently so bring it on!

Back to the orginal subject, (or something nearabouts) welsh water rang me back today. We are receiving water from a different treatment works to normal. The water is harder therefore explaining our tds level at the tap doubling. It could go on for months they said, until the water cycle fully replenishes itself and they decide to switch us back to using our old treatment works. I’m now using as much harvested rainwater as i can otherwise we will be spending double on resin (+ i dont want to go down the route of getting an RO)
We have 400L of rainwater stored at a tds of 7. which will help big time. There’s thunderstorms coming at the weekend too apparently so bring it on!

Could explain my sudden increase of TDs level as I'm not to far away from you and my resin purchases have been monthly for last 2/3 months where as I was buying 2/3 monthly intervals :(

RO isn't an option for me yet either

Could explain my sudden increase of TDs level as I'm not to far away from you and my resin purchases have been monthly for last 2/3 months where as I was buying 2/3 monthly intervals [emoji20]
RO isn't an option for me yet either

Yes mate that’s exactly the same frequencies as us, its a nightmare. If you can, harvest as much rainwater as possible, it will save you eating through so much resin. I normally spend around £250-£350 annually on resin. If that doubles to £700 it’s too much of an increase. So even in the winter now i’ll be using rainwater as often as possible. A TDS of 130 is no good on double D.I

Don't mean to ressurect this thread as the topic has been covered pretty thoroughly on the 'something I have noticed' thread.

But this is pretty amazing- a new guy posts once and a whole team of people take time out to help with it! (Even though he never logged on to reply)

I've been on the biggest (apparently) TV repair forum for the past two weeks trying to get help diagnosing a faulty plasma TV and after a week the first post had no replies (except for me asking if anyone can help) even though there was some activity on the forum. 

I eventually created a second account and asked again reworded and after 5 days I finally have 1 reply! 

My point is, this is a pretty impressive forum with the speed, number and quality of replies to users needing help.

Don't mean to ressurect this thread as the topic has been covered pretty thoroughly on the 'something I have noticed' thread.

But this is pretty amazing- a new guy posts once and a whole team of people take time out to help with it! (Even though he never logged on to reply)

I've been on the biggest (apparently) TV repair forum for the past two weeks trying to get help diagnosing a faulty plasma TV and after a week the first post had no replies (except for me asking if anyone can help) even though there was some activity on the forum. 

I eventually created a second account and asked again reworded and after 5 days I finally have 1 reply! 

My point is, this is a pretty impressive forum with the speed, number and quality of replies to users needing help.
More like we're sad so and so's with nowt else to do ?

I was on a Satellite TV forum once.

If you posted a question the moderators felt had been answered recently you were giving a warning. They explained that you had to use the search box as your primary self help tool.

You didn't have to post anything - but if you didn't use the forum then your login was frozen after a certain time - I think it was 6 months.

Back