Hiring canvasser advice.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Diwrnach, May 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

So a friend of mine is a bit desperate for of spare cash and was asking about money making ideas so I said get me some pressure washing work and I'll give you 25% to help him out.

This then got me thinking if this could work with someone long term, hire a part time chap Saturday mornings or something to canvas some work, what % would be the going rate do you think? 10% maybe?

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

10 percent is unrealistic. if he got you a 20 quid job hes goin to get 2 quid he cant live off that

or can he....

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

This is for pressure washing mate, so a small drive would be maybe £125 give or take, that's £12. And that is a small drive.

4. DMD

DMD Member

If you want good quality leads you need to reward people. There shouldn't be a specific % as each job will vary depending what needs done.

I'd say 20% roughly after expenses. So if you get a job at £160 minus cost of fuel/sand at say £30

He would get 20% of £130 (£26)

5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Min 25 % on pressure work min price 100 make him want it

6. spanish pete

spanish pete Active Member

I must bring some good news to the forum After being not too Sure after reading a comment made by someone on gumtree About this canvasser. After having many conversations with him. I must say I can 100% recommend Nathan at Happy Canvassing Done every thing he said he was going to do and more . After canvassing I received a Excel sheet with all the Customers database with prices contact numbers and any notes reg back gates best days to clean front only or both. I have now had a good chance to speak to the customers and see how the work was priced . And must say the work was priced very well and the customers were impressed how professional he was. Im so glad I gave him a chance and will be using him again very soon.

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

That's cool, but not really useful for what I am wanting to do.

What are the ramifications, hiring wise, would I need to put him "on the books" as it were, or could I say he is self employed and just pay him cash?

8. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

id write it off as advertising ?

9. DMD

DMD Member

Just pay his invoice/receipt through your business and as above write it off against advertising. Very simple

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Yeah, good idea, thought I might have to get into employment and stuff.

Considering putting an add on facebook see if anyone fancies doing it every Saturday or something, might work?

Advertisement