Hose, Reel And Fittings

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Feb 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I have a van now. My first project is to get a 100m hose and reel, so I can use my trolley as a van mount when needed. The trolley has hozelock type fittings. What bore hose, 6mm? What fittings? What reel? Best place to buy?

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

dont worry about the hose connections and stuff i was like u mate... i never had a clue lol.... :p

but best thing to do is phone pure freedom tomorrow tell them what you want and theyll do it for u mate and theyll look after u mate

dont worry about fittings mate.... their nothing... u can jsut go down your local b n q or local asda and pick up the fittings :)

3. mark m

mark m Hero

I agree with H I got my reels and my 6mm hose from purefreedom

4. harunh

harunh Legend

mark i use a 8mm hose .... wahts the difference... some people prefer the 6mm.... but i think 8mm is much more tougher

but i think the 6mm would be very cool cos it wouldnt take much space on the hose reel... plus on the other hand ull have to put flow rate up when using a 6mm

5. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I thought not to start another topic - as have got a similar question - can you help me to choose the right fittings - to connect a 5mm hose to a Shurflo pump please Here is the pump I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120579356149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Another concern is that the specification shows a pressure rating of 100 psi. The pump outlet is shown as 1/2" and I think I may have pressure problems if I connect to 5mm hose?? I don't have a pump controller .

6. harunh

harunh Legend

Sdrah those pumps need a controller with them or u can damage them easily mate , nd 5mm hose ? U want either 6 or 8mm

7. sdrah

sdrah Guest

if I get a 8mm hose - do I still need a controller ?

and the 5mm hose I have shall I bin it ? cos somebody told me that he uses a 5mm hose without probs

8. sdrah

sdrah Guest

almost forgot - what about the hose which came with my gardiner sl-x pole - is a 5mm - shall I replace or ?!

9. harunh

harunh Legend

Tge 5mm hose is the pole hose im guessing

The pole hose is not long lasting , it costs about 40p per metre i bought 15 meters for my smax40 cos after 6,7 months it started getting leaks in it.

The pole hose connects to the microbore hose (6mm or 8mm) i recommend u get a hose reel with 8mm hose on it and then ull be fine

Also u need a flow controller mate look on purefreedom.co.uk they sell the same pump u bought on ebay for much cheaper aswell

10. sdrah

sdrah Guest

thank you H

Advertisement