Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hosepipe ban

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

I’ve had a job booked in for 6th may he has texted asking if I can still do it with hosepipe ban that’s going to be happening next week!

I’ve had a job booked in for 6th may he has texted asking if I can still do it with hosepipe ban that’s going to be happening next week!
Our hose pipe ban is still in place from last year it’s not been lifted they are already having adverts on the radio about cutting water usage and showering for one muinit less to save 12 ltr of water ????

We used to have 75psi from the tap which was great for me
To save repairing loads of old pipes 2 years ago they came and restricted the whole area with a valve to 35psi now out my tap
Maybe they should just fix the issues
According to viola as long as water can come out a tap on 3rd floor that’s good enough
Doesn’t take into account all my neighbours having issues with electric showers blowing up due to not enough water coming through them

To save repairing loads of old pipes 2 years ago they came and restricted the whole area with a valve to 35psi now out my tap
According to viola as long as water can come out a tap on 3rd floor that’s good enough
Doesn’t take into account all my neighbours having issues with electric showers blowing up due to not enough water coming through them
I can turn my cold tap to fully open and it doesn't splash when I fill the dogs water bowl. It takes me 15 minutes to run a bath.

Think the legal obligation is to supply 0.7 bar pressure which is just enough for a gas boiler

Just spoken to a friend who works for the water authority the minimum legal requirement is 1.0 bar enough to push water up to 10 meters head
I seem to remember a minimum flow rate at the kitchen sink but not sure if that was 'water board' bloke flannelling me ;)

Latest Posts

Back