Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chain Coming Off Old PowerUp 3D Electric Hose Reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all,

I’ve recently acquired an old style powerup 3D electric hose reel. I used it for the first day and it was great. On the second day I used it the chain came off which involved me taking the whole thing apart to put it back on.

Since then the chain has come off a further 3 times and it’s becoming somewhat of a headache. For the life of me I cannot figure out what’s causing it or how I can go about preventing it from happening.

I was hoping you wonderful people may have some advice?

TIA

The chain should be of the correct tension and correctly aligned.

Think of it this way; The way racing bicycles change gears is to misalign the chain on the first cog, so it slips off that cog during 1 revolution of the wheel onto the cog beside it.

If the chain is overly stretched with no further adjustment, then you need to replace the chain. It could also be that the cog/s are worn, which could be another reason for the chain coming off.

Hi all,

I’ve recently acquired an old style powerup 3D electric hose reel. I used it for the first day and it was great. On the second day I used it the chain came off which involved me taking the whole thing apart to put it back on.

Since then the chain has come off a further 3 times and it’s becoming somewhat of a headache. For the life of me I cannot figure out what’s causing it or how I can go about preventing it from happening.

I was hoping you wonderful people may have some advice?

TIA
Obviously worn drive sprocket or man reel sprocket has worn teeth. Chains stretch and also links become seized

A pretty basic maintenance and repair task with new parts or a better visual appraisal

1.The small and large cog might not been aligned correctly.
2. The chain could be stretched and more than likely the case.
I used these HD reels for years before upgrading to the 3D reels, and the only few time this happen was because of the two above reasons.

Back