Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first full week powerup 3D review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Resurrecting a old thread with new pics. This was us this afternoon. 

Unfortunately the reel developed a fault with the belt. Props to waterworks, they for us a new one sent out pronto. Interesting to note, the replacement reel has a metal drum rather than plastic. I assume this is due to the flex issues they were having. 

So props to Waterworks. They’ve had teething problems with this reel but so far they’ve taken care of customers and sorted them!

EDIT: No idea why the image is upside down. Perhaps a admin can fix it? @Gavin

3D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Resurrecting a old thread with new pics. This was us this afternoon. 

Unfortunately the reel developed a fault with the belt. Props to waterworks, they for us a new one sent out pronto. Interesting to note, the replacement reel has a metal drum rather than plastic. I assume this is due to the flex issues they were having. 

So props to Waterworks. They’ve had teething problems with this reel but so far they’ve taken care of customers and sorted them!

EDIT: No idea why the image is upside down. Perhaps a admin can fix it? @Gavin

View attachment 23845
Done, Mate

Nice dog looks well trained for photos. 

I know @Pjj had a reel with the metal drum 

Done, Mate

Nice dog looks well trained for photos. 

I know @Pjj had a reel with the metal drum 
We are currently testing there new modified version we have 3 of them on long term test and so far are working faultlessly there customer service is up there with Gardiners , I cannot praise them enough , only fault I can find with them is they are a bit slow on winding in and torque isn’t as good as the HD , or pure freedom but apart from that they are the best reels we have used although they are plastic ??? for a sole trader looking for an electric reel I would definitely  recommend them , hopefully the pure freedom reels I have on order will be arriving next week, which should be better reels but they are also considerably dearer at over £1800 for two reels , I will do long term reports on both these make with our findings , both good and bad points .

Thanks man! He’s a good boy he is, 13 years old now so a grumpy old man at times ?

Will be good to see how this new reel goes. Hopefully lasts longer than the first ?
Ime sure you will find it’s ok the only issues we had with the originals was the centre spindles crushing with the heat , theses new ones are fine and we have been using some seriously hot water on commercial building cleans 

I'd be a grumpy old man if i was 13 in dog years ?

I'm sure the new reel will be just fine, just check the wiring ?
Hahaha! Yeah seems ok, we ran it yesterday. Ionics installed my first one so it was simply a case of reconnect everything the way we found it, which wasn’t too bad. They’ve used those clip things on the battery terminals which made it super simple! 

pulling from the back
When I installed mine its on top of my tank outof the side it was little difficult when pulling side ways as it dragged on the door or door shut, when I installed a pull out roller it was a game changer pulls out nice now.

Are you experiencing difficulties pulling out straight or when sideway as I found the Hose rubbing against the Hoe discs also causing a little friction.

WhatI find pulling out straight so it clears the reel door shuts into the roller then any direction after is a lot easier.

anyone find the hose  harder to pull out ?
Yes, nothing like the old power up hd reel - wish I had ordered that. Messaged them a number of times and never hear back. Is slow to wind in too...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I installed mine its on top of my tank outof the side it was little difficult when pulling side ways as it dragged on the door or door shut, when I installed a pull out roller it was a game changer pulls out nice now.

Are you experiencing difficulties pulling out straight or when sideway as I found the Hose rubbing against the Hoe discs also causing a little friction.

WhatI find pulling out straight so it clears the reel door shuts into the roller then any direction after is a lot easier.
i pull out straight, do you have any pictures of how you installed a roller guide

Not had a great start with mine, out the box mine it’s leaked needing new O rings and now the belt is starting to slip and make a loud noise.

how much tension needs to be on the belt once tightened? Don’t want to over tighten

Not had a great start with mine, out the box mine it’s leaked needing new O rings and now the belt is starting to slip and make a loud noise.

how much tension needs to be on the belt once tightened? Don’t want to over tighten
Really? Where abouts is it leaking? Where you plug into the side from your pump or where your the reel hose goes onto the barb? 

Back