Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Never had this before!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PC

Went to do back of a house and the robot mower was mowing the grass. Watched it for a minute and sort of worked out where it was going so thought if I’m quick I can drag the hose round and get done before it goes anywhere near my hose. I didn’t know whether it would stop and turn around when it reached my hose nor whether it would actually damage it if it did go over it. So thought I’d treat it with caution.
Did a couple of windows and then got caught on some patio doors where the snails had been having races up and down it. So I was scrubbing away and totally forgot about the mower.
Next thing I look round and the mower is now tangled up in my reel hose AND my pole hose. Spent a few seconds lifting it and untangling hoses from its wheels.
Then discovered that it had put two significant holes in the pole hose and water was spraying everywhere!
Very annoying having to sort out the hose with a spare section I had in the van but then I was off and running again.
Next time I see one (if the customer isn’t in of course) I may just turn it upside down, clean the windows and then set it off again ?

I have a few customer with these, iv been paranoid about something like that happening so I use backpack where I can't avoid it. Glad you had spares so you could continue working.

I had it once the hose had flipped it over when I pulled it next thing the owner was out saying a alert had come up on his phone that something was wrong with it .He was ok just makes you think eyes everywhere!!

Tried it too, encounter them weekly, first thing is always to hit the red stop button , i dont care if its in the middle of the Laen, just shut that thing down regardless. It cost me a whole 100 mtrs new hose ?

Exactly the same as you, as soon as I see them I hit the red stop button. They're popping up quite regularly now.

Yup, red stop button is handy, though if the top stays popped up it sets the alarm off and wont go again till the code is entered. Other option is to find the base and press the "home/recall" button. blades turn off and it trundles back into the docking unit ;)

Now I know what to do with all those big cardboard boxes I get. Will stick one in van and put over it when I encounter one.
How will that help? Most of them use a wire inserted into the edge of the lawn to detect the edge! I don't think they use cameras to detect the edge of the lawn.
Maybe they have night time sensors but surely that would just make them return to their docking station but they wont be able to with a box one them?

How will that help? Most of them use a wire inserted into the edge of the lawn to detect the edge! I don't think they use cameras to detect the edge of the lawn.
Maybe they have night time sensors but surely that would just make them return to their docking station but they wont be able to with a box one them?
I was lead to believe they just stop and when I finish I will remove it and set it free to go on its merry way.

Latest Posts

Back