Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first full week powerup 3D review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys, 6months on whats your opinion on the new powerup? Any weaknesses? Still better than the older version? 

Others have mentioned that its slower and doesn't have the same pulling power? This cause any problems for work? 
I assume you mean the 3D ?.. I have 6 of them the only fault I have with them is they are slow winding in and they don’t feel like they have the torque of the older HD, also if not careful you can damage the hose on the adjuster bolt on the right hand front side of the reel . Overall they are good apart from the points mentioned , I would prefer something that’s faster and more oomp when winding in but having had the pure freedom reels and both were faulty there is little choice out there , if something else comes out that’s better I will buy it . 

I assume you mean the 3D ?.. I have 6 of them the only fault I have with them is they are slow winding in and they don’t feel like they have the torque of the older HD, also if not careful you can damage the hose on the adjuster bolt on the right hand front side of the reel . Overall they are good apart from the points mentioned , I would prefer something that’s faster and more oomp when winding in but having had the pure freedom reels and both were faulty there is little choice out there , if something else comes out that’s better I will buy it . 
As Pjj states I would like it a little faster also. The power button developed a fault where the connectors started to fail a quick message to waterworks and immediate response from Jordan had me a new HD button delivered at 0800 the next morning excellent customer service. 

No problems with hose and but I think @Pjj uses a thicker outside diameter hose than me, mine Is the standard 6mm.

yes I do like it a lot if the speed was upped a touch it would be the icing on the cake. 

As Pjj states I would like it a little faster also. The power button developed a fault where the connectors started to fail a quick message to waterworks and immediate response from Jordan had me a new HD button delivered at 0800 the next morning excellent customer service. 

No problems with hose and but I think @Pjj uses a thicker outside diameter hose than me, mine Is the standard 6mm.

yes I do like it a lot if the speed was upped a touch it would be the icing on the cake. 
I use 6 mm microbore but the adjusters stick up to high , waterworks sent out new different length bolts but all are still to long ,I will have tk cut one down a bit and try that 

AE070A86-81C1-4196-8367-EC62E53C9697.jpeg

198A354E-2965-4D5C-B4BA-A01D97739971.jpeg

Had mine in a couple of weeks (Powerup 3D). I'm loving it but its my first electric reel, my only comparison is a manual one. I find it struggles when hose is at a right angle. So I'll hold the hose about waist height, with a towel/cloth, slightly back from the van so it doesn't catch on the sides, but I find it can struggle a bit. This normal for all of them?

Had mine in a couple of weeks (Powerup 3D). I'm loving it but its my first electric reel, my only comparison is a manual one. I find it struggles when hose is at a right angle. So I'll hold the hose about waist height, with a towel/cloth, slightly back from the van so it doesn't catch on the sides, but I find it can struggle a bit. This normal for all of them?
With the 3D yes with the HD no the HD seams much more powerful no idear why as the motors  are the same don’t think a belt should sapp power from it ?.....

That's frustrating. Maybe they'll figure it out then retro fit all ours ?

Just waiting for them to bring out a stack for them now. I asked and they said they would get back to us but haven't heard nowt!
I did speak to jordan and Emma about the speed they sent me out another motor which I changed over to but it didn’t make the slightest bit of difference, I will call them again when I have the time to see if anything else can  be done about it . 

I did speak to jordan and Emma about the speed they sent me out another motor which I changed over to but it didn’t make the slightest bit of difference, I will call them again when I have the time to see if anything else can  be done about it . 
Fair enough. Keep us updated on what the outcome is, would be good to get some more juice out of it!

I think the HD has issues to a point in that it's to fast and if I am winding the hose in and there is a kink in the hose it pulls the cloth out of my hand and ends up on the reel  with myself getting pulled in within the seconds it takes for my brain to engage and release the button, I think if a small child got caught on the hose halfway up the street it would end up at the back of the van 

I have an adjustable roller on mine and it seems to reel in better with that installed than without it. 

Thanks for the feedback! I do reckon the lack of torque could be in the design because of having a belt rather than a chain. Somebody on here posted a video showing the belt slipping when they held the hose. too much torque, the belt would not catch and would just wear out fast. Of course this opinion is after never seeing one ?

It's annoying trying to choose one! 

Very strange with something mass produced they should all be the same shorly ???
You would have thought so? I use mine out of the side of my van and the adjustable roller definitely makes a difference compared to not having it.

Only changed the power button to the HD version today cleaned my own windows and that felt better even though I’m sure that’s not a factor with regards to speed. 

3A70CC4E-675D-4735-A24D-0B146EDEE1D6.jpeg

This happened today, same as what happened with yourself? Reel stopped working then all of a sudden went full speed. Took the controller apart to discover wire had come loss. Sent a image to waterworks straight away, been read, no response. Hopefully we’ll hear back from them tomorrow. We managed to fix it so we could continue, but the reel is less than a month old  ?

Had a loose wire connection with my Grippatank after they let me loose with it but not missed a beat since. Oliver said he had uprated the motors and they can spin both ways now. Aye, electric reels are great as long as they are working.

View attachment 21890

This happened today, same as what happened with yourself? Reel stopped working then all of a sudden went full speed. Took the controller apart to discover wire had come loss. Sent a image to waterworks straight away, been read, no response. Hopefully we’ll hear back from them tomorrow. We managed to fix it so we could continue, but the reel is less than a month old  ?
Heard back first thing. They’ve arranged a new controller to be sent out ASAP. Think they’re sending a different one, so I assume the HD one

Back