Hot Tap Water In Backpack?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Kips, Feb 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I've got a 'first clean' to do on a place tomorrow - Well, it's kind of a first clean, it's a music shop that belongs to a friend of the family so I said i'd hit it with the packpack to clean all the frames and sills and paintwork etc. It's a favour really (only charging a tenner) as he's a good mate but there are a lot of glass and frames - here's a pic

[​IMG]

So what I was thinking of doing, is half filling the backpack from the tap, then pouring in a kettle or 2 of hot water then topping it up so I have 'warm water' - using this to do a first clean to clean all the frames and etc etc, then having a coffee and a cigarette with him while it drips and dries and then refilling with pure water and doing the glass again.

I know that whatever is left of the tap water will raise the TDS but if I empty it out, slosh a bit of pure water in there, then empty that out, then refill with pure water, it should be fine right?

As i've said hes a mate and I usually do this one trad, weekly, so I don't think he will care if it spots a bit, but I don't want to damage my backpack using hot water / tap water?

Am thinking as long as it's just warm / lukewarm rather than 'hot' it'll be fine? Will prolly squirt some ecover on the brush too.

Thoughts? Genius, or idiocy?

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

why don't you fill you back pack up with hot pure water connect to hot tap though di you got hot pure water but why not use cold pure water it will be fine that's what most of us do

3. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

cause it'll be a waste of pure water - those frames are absolutely filthy - if I do it this way I can fill up on the job - am just doing it with car and backpack so don't have all the normal stuff in the van

4. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

Only thing I'd worry about is the water spots drying on the windows. They can be hard to get off of the lime scale is bad round your way.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

I have run normal water through my backpack once & run pure water through it sloshed it out & it was fine. Can't see warm water doing it any harm. Waters water.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

why hot water ? its not gona help that much but using a liquid would be much better ? get some ecover from tesco and spray it on ya wfp brush and scrub... u may use more water thats it

7. Jeff Brimble

Jeff Brimble Member

Most small China pumps are rated at max40 degrees the larger 100psi are 60 degrees.

8. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

Try it out worst case they get a few spots... you can always go next time and clean trad way like you said. Main thing is to get off to a clean start without the dirt and grime; and it's a mate.. :)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Must admit Jeff I was thinking the same thing as using hot water could damage the backpack if not careful. So in the end doing your mate a favour kips you might end up being out of pocket.

How did you get on Kips?

10. mr shine

mr shine Guru

would you use a chem instead of hot ,virosol or ubix would be good and a good rinse

Advertisement