Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water propane heater advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Squid

Have brought a cheap 8l water from ebay having few problems not running correctly,if i use it with gardiner new micro jet rinse bar it works fine.i can turn water flow **** up on heater and it wont cut out etc,if i use gardiner fans red or black unless i have watwr flow setting.on bare minium the pilot will go out as soon as.i try to imcrease the flow think.might have somthing.to with the constriction of flow due to the jet etc,anyone one else had these issues ?

This is the  boiler 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F351278276342

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They do need a good flow of water to ignite them, even on the lowest flow setting. The best ones by far were 6lpm heaters with a similar exhaust vent provision. Peter Fogwill in Scotland imported them at one time.

It ignites finr bit goesnout after about 15 seconds etc and keeps doing the same thing when running whilst on jets etc but fine on ri se bar not tried with normal pencils yet

You will have a problem lighting the burner up with using fan jets @Squid. Pencil jets are better. If you have to order pencil jets then order a set of 2mm and 3mm. Yes, you will use more water but as hot cleans quicker you can use that to your advantage and you should be able to scrub and rinse faster and use less water. But that will come with practice and experience.

Try using the summer setting as well as only half the burners fire up. One of the local lads used his summer setting all through winter.

If memory serves me his same heater worked with 2mm jets on a flow setting of 50 on his PF controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cheers lads will give a try with rinse bar,think ive got set jets somwhere

A rinse bar is nice for certain jobs but not suitable for all. Its not an accessory I would jump into until I had my system up and running efficiently tbh

@paul alanhas used them for a while and recently posted a bit of practible advise about their use.

A rinse bar is nice for certain jobs but not suitable for all. Its not an accessory I would jump into until I had my system up and running efficiently tbh

@paul alanhas used them for a while and recently posted a bit of practible advise about their use.
Its running fine now with rinse bar

Next question lol do u think it will be possable to run 2 hose of the boiler  if i put a spitter on the inlet and out let or boiler ? It shpuld love as there is more flow going into it 

Or bigger single pump to run the 2 reels etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Next question lol do u think it will be possable to run 2 hose of the boiler  if i put a spitter on the inlet and out let or boiler ? It shpuld love as there is more flow going into it 

Or bigger single pump to run the 2 reels etc
A few have tried but haven't been successful with that boiler for some reason. The idea was the situate each pump after the boiler so they would draw warm water through the boiler. (A Shurflo pump will tollerate warm water up to 60 degrees C.) But the boiler appears to need pressure as well as flow.

If i use a single pump before the bolier as 7 litre min on high etc  single feed to boiler ahould be enogth to run the 2 reels ,than split the hotwater from outlet

of boiler two the 2 reels that was my thinking ?

Back