Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water stats good or bad.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Haha! You can't beat thinking things through. And thinking them through again. "Do it well, do it once and do it right."

My son used to say to me that I "Over think things."
With all the tweeks, mostly small enough ones that I've done, we're finished work about 2 hours earlier than we used to be, with at least as much work done and at least as much money earned. He doesn't say it now. ?

I’m always open to suggestions and advise my setup is as fast and light as Possible. I have even got the new v16 controller with link and a mag mount antenna commissioned hopefully will have that within the next few weeks.

have had an remote for reel for year but only recently started to use it more  my reel is best part reeled in by the time I get to the van ?

I have recently been diagnosed with Tendinosis in my left shoulder so even little helps ?

I can't see any reason your idea shouldn't work, though I would be more inclined to use strong steel framing than 2x2" timber. ?
I was only going to use the 50mm of timber to raise a standard off the shelf steel tank frame so there was space under the tank for insulation not make a tank frame from timber ? A timber frame would be like a chocolate tea pot.

So :

Steel Tank Frame

Insulation surrounded by timber

van floor

spreader plates.

So the studding would go through all the layers in the above list.

Den make an insulation cover around/underneath your reel to reduce heat loss and put double insulation on all delivery pipework in van.
Great idea to double insulate the pipe work. 

As for reel I was thinking of running the pump for a few mins every say 15 mins and having reel hose feed back into tank at opposite end to heater. That way water would circulate and keep hose reel from freezing and also have warm water almost straight away on first job. I was just going to use a little microcontroller and a relay. Probably cost less than £10.

Insulated my tank today bloody horrid job spent  all day on it ? two layers only reason being my tank is a cranky shape,  I used waterproof gaffer tape and spray contact adhesive. Run out of spray adhesive will add another layer and will cover my van ceiling also on another weekend not looking forward to it.

if using spray adhesive don’t forget safety glass as an eyeful isn’t too pleasant lol. 

C217B42F-8DD6-4E5F-A539-39E90231BE22.jpeg

7D02F4F6-6D15-4943-9513-918FEA261535.jpeg

I didn't use any adhesive on my tank. I just wrapped it as neatly as I could, one layer at a time then taped the overlaps (like wrapping a parcel) . I don't think that would work with yours because of the different angles and shapes. I did use it on the van roof. But I used gutter downpipe brackets to help hold it as I stow poles in tubes on the ceiling and down the shelving front. Jeez! I'm a bit concerned whether the adhesive will be OK with the heat. I hadn't thought of that as it wasn't an issue for me. Watch for fumes as well.

Haha ? 

I installed a small submersible  aquarium pump to move water around also.

its good for polyethylene which is usual as there isn’t many glues and no sealants that normally sticks to PE.

Did think of possible temperature issues with the spray but it really would have been a nightmare trying to use tape alone as there is vertical shaped channel running down the sides of the tank also really didn’t like doing it. https://www.toolstation.com/spray-contact-adhesive/p47790

@Davy Gthinking about it The roof of a van in summer must get hotter than a plastic tank of hot water and lots put the foil bubble wrap on their van ceilings. 

Glad to report that I checked my van water-tank temperature is 55 degrees, no fumes and the spray adhesive asn’t melted ?

The insulation must have worked a treat as the tank isn’t hot to the touch like  before and the internal van isn’t like a sauna. 

Glad to report that I checked my van water-tank temperature is 55 degrees, no fumes and the spray adhesive asn’t melted ?

The insulation must have worked a treat as the tank isn’t hot to the touch like  before and the internal van isn’t like a sauna. 
That's great. It's good stuff. It works differently to polystyrene, slab and similar types of thick insulation. In that it works by forming a thin reflective tin foil type barrier, with air pockets in the bubbles and in the small spaces in between the layers to break any thermal bridging. Very effective and low cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back