Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How DId you all Finance your start up to water fed pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was fortunate to have had the cash to buy what was required. As I targeted commercial, rather than residential, I needed to look the part even though I didn't have a clue. Flew by the seat of my pants for the first few months, definitely the quickest, not the best way though.

Hiya does anyone know where I can get finance to get my self the hot water reach and wash system?

Do you need a brand new van with a fitted system on lease hire or are you just wanting a heated wfp system fitted to your current van or truck ??

OOHHH and to answer the question loan from a family member almost 9 years ago now borrowed £1,000 to buy a trolley system with RO and pole from PureFreedom , Switched to a diy truck mount almost 6 years ago and and spent around £600 on a 400ltr tank and Pumpbox and hose reel .

All the major companies like Grippa,ionics,window cleaning warehouse I think even streamline now other some sort of financing with or with out a van on systems.

But the cheapest and best way to finance anything at the minute is a 0% purchase credit card.

Some lenders will offer up to 36 months interest free.

Yeah Bry, you can get wfd pole system financed by Kennet leasing. They deal with window cleaning warehouse where I got my van system fitted from ( great hot water van set up by the way) give them a bell an get it sorted, best thing I ever did m8.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Go out and get some big homes and pay cash
41160f445179b4ba0581e9dba241df89.jpg

Borrowed money from the bank I was already well established trad but swapping over to wfp was a lot more expensive . Worked out very well never looked back best move I've ever made 

My sister was remortgaging her house so I asked her to take out an extra £3K. 1k for pole system and 2k for buying another round to help me pay it back. She said the mortgage was 50% interest so I ended up paying £4.5K back :/ still not sure if that was right..

Virgin Credit Card 0% Balance Transfer, had 36 months interest free to pay it back, there was a 2.5% fee but that came to around £75. Bought my round, my purification set up, pole and an older van with a tank delivery etc in it. Then after a year I saved up and upgraded my van and over time bought better equipment etc!

Didn't do anything to buy the gear just started cheap and added as I went along.

I did get a loan last year though to go into canvassing.

Just spent about £350 on a decent pole and a backpack got some free 25L barrels from car was and put them in my Corsa car. A few jobs and they were paid for them canvassed and advertised like nuts for a year so I could buy my traffic and 650L tank and system I'm using now. 

Saved a thousand quid up off my driving job back in 1991 and bought a small round and it grew organically from there.

I have sold some parcels of work off in the intervening years when it got to much and I went back to being a sole trader.

I have still got a few customers I've had from day one and seen their kids grow and have families themselves.

God I feel old......

Surf the web for used but good nick poles if you're struggling for cash. Can put a simple pump and controller together for less than £100 if you find the right places (often used as many are well looked after!), grab some 20-25l barrels from a car wash (they throw out the barrels every week!) and you're not far off ready. Just need some half decent hose and you're away (provides you have a vehicle). You could likely get it all for £300 or less, exactly how I started on wfp 5 years ago. Pays for itself in no time and you can work, earn and offer so much more to and from your customers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back