Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you keep your equipment from not freezing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nearlyclean

This is problem for many of us,with one of the worst winters on record and temperatures in double figures below freezing,how do you stop the freezing temperatures damaging equipment and keep working.

I use a Trolley system and bring everything indoors,I have my r/o and water storage(couple of water butts) in my cellar and is about 10oC down there.I have just got a DI vessel and been filling up 25L water containers with hot/warm water,Before I got the DI I had an aquarium heater in a water butt this will take the chill off the water.I know many have heated vans and insulated them.

At the mo I put an oil filled heater in the van for the ***ht which usually keeps the chill off planing to get some insulation for van as well soon.

I leave everything in the van and in the morning go out half hour earlier than normal to my van and put an electric fan heater on in the back leave it on for 20 mins and off I go to work never had a problem [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and once finished flush through the water, turn the tap off on the tank and run the pumps on full flow opening the taps on the hoses once waters gone through bobs your uncle [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back