Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long can I store water for?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spruce

The Sprucefather
We see this question often.

Well, here is our experience. My son hasn't used his van for window cleaning since October last year. I drained the pump down before the onset of winter. There was probably a little less than 100 litres of pure left in his 500 litre tank which has sat in his van through last winter and this summer. Today he had to use his van for window cleaning. I tested the remaining water in his tank before filling it. It read 000ppm.

We see this question often.

Well, here is our experience. My son hasn't used his van for window cleaning since October last year. I drained the pump down before the onset of winter. There was probably a little less than 100 litres of pure left in his 500 litre tank which has sat in his van through last winter and this summer. Today he had to use his van for window cleaning. I tested the remaining water in his tank before filling it. It read 000ppm.
I had an IBC full a couple of years ago after having a bad accident.

It was one of two in my garage away from sunlight insulated and wrapped in black pallet wrap.

I think mine was around just over a year so impressed

This means nothing until you drink it ?
I'm sure there would be some form of bacteria that can sustain growth in pure water but not affect it's tds

Latest Posts

Back