Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long do you take for lunch?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Start at 8 and stop for about 20 minutes at around 11 for a cuppa and biscuits. Graft to around half 1 and stop for half an hour for lunch.

Work until around 4ish and done. My worker and I don’t rush around to bang the work out as quickly as possible, we work reasonably hard  but try to enjoy the day.

Early finish Fridays though to start the weekend off ??
If only it had gone like that today. Backpack went down first thing so sent brother G off to get two new ones, worked the round on my own got pelted by hailstones and soaked through to my underpants ? got the day done though ? just filling the barrels now then rum oclock later. dont drink often but today i’m gettin the bottle out ? 

millwall this weekend?

If only it had gone like that today. Backpack went down first thing so sent brother G off to get two new ones, worked the round on my own got pelted by hailstones and soaked through to my underpants ? got the day done though ? just filling the barrels now then rum oclock later. dont drink often but today i’m gettin the bottle out ? 

millwall this weekend?
I assume that question was for me. Yes indeed.

Meeting up at Greenwich, then on a party boat that Millwall have hired, then down the Thames to Kew bridge to Brentford fc. Happy days ?

i have 30 mins for lunch every day...always a flask of tea and a packed lunch taken to work......my usual work day is 930am-330pm,sometimes less.....i dont know how you guys work 830am-430pm......i couldnt stomach them hours these days!?

Porridge for breakfast, don’t eat then until I’m home. Try to eat only two meals a day 

apart for one area a month and I have a Chinees chicken curry and chips for lunch will take a good half hour and I work slower after it but I don’t care as it’s lush!

Porridge for breakfast, don’t eat then until I’m home. Try to eat only two meals a day 

apart for one area a month and I have a Chinees chicken curry and chips for lunch will take a good half hour and I work slower after it but I don’t care as it’s lush!
2 meals a day?i have porridge with fruit and 4 boiled eggs(only eat 2 yolks though)for breakfast and im hungry by lunchtime...i have at least 4 meals a day...??

My lunch depends on how busy i am and more importantly whether or not i can be bothered to sit behind the steering wheel in the car to eat it. I like being in cars but i don't like sitting behind the wheel for several reasons:

1) I suffer with a chronic testicular pain problem which has plagued me for over a decade - sitting there confines me into a space that can aggravate it more (and yes, tried to have this fixed and was nearly killed by the surgeon)

2) I have to have the rear of the seat fairly upright for my back.. but this aggrevates number 1

3) not enough foot / stretch space for my legs / feet due to the pedals... and then the steering wheel is in the way.

Can't use the passenger seat as i got the back pack there with the trolley, rear seat has the ladder and the other side has the little mans car seat. Boot is obviously a no no lol... 6 barrels in there... Got a bigger hatchback (huge) which would fit the barrels and ladder and BP easily.. but that's been off the road 9 years. Could do with a van really but not got the funds for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
My lunch depends on how busy i am and more importantly whether or not i can be bothered to sit behind the steering wheel in the car to eat it. I like being in cars but i don't like sitting behind the wheel for several reasons:

1) I suffer with a chronic testicular pain problem which has plagued me for over a decade - sitting there confines me into a space that can aggravate it more (and yes, tried to have this fixed and was nearly killed by the surgeon)

2) I have to have the rear of the seat fairly upright for my back.. but this aggrevates number 1

3) not enough foot / stretch space for my legs / feet due to the pedals... and then the steering wheel is in the way.

Can't use the passenger seat as i got the back pack there with the trolley, rear seat has the ladder and the other side has the little mans car seat. Boot is obviously a no no lol... 6 barrels in there... Got a bigger hatchback (huge) which would fit the barrels and ladder and BP easily.. but that's been off the road 9 years. Could do with a van really but not got the funds for that.

Time to get a bigger car or preferably a van , then you can keep all the stuff in the back giving you a free seat 

Back