How Many Would....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gav, Nov 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Like a mobile version of their site for as little as £25?

I am not sure how many of you have websites. But Mobile web is used so much more than it used to be. Again don't know the figures but bet it is pretty high.

I am thinking of providing a service for creating mobile versions of business websites. This is just an idea at the mo but just testing the water to see how many would like such a service or use it, just thinking of ways to get a little extra coming in which will help me keep the forum running also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I think more than half the searches done on Google are from handheld devices?

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Exactly so it's important your business is easily accessible on a mobile device.

4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

good idea gav , it was in the news this week that hp was down 8 percent on laptop sales this year as people are favouring hand held devices to access the internet . i would be interested when i get a website .

5. A.K WINDOWS

not of my phone its a asda special £5 strong as they come :lol:

6. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Sounds good but my site is a responsive site and works on mobiles (its still in progress)

Would the mobile sites your talking about look completely different to our current ones and would they have a different address and would they be viewable on a computer?

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most packages thesedays include a responsive site builder even serif webplus 6 does now. But for ppl that can't or don't want to be bothered then suppose there will always be a market selling/upgrading sites.

What will you be using gav?

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Fair idea but not sure how much interest you'd get mate, all sites I build now are responsive, IGM too and I presume most if not all design companies. I bet theres a lot out there though that aren't and rather than have another done folks might go for this option and to be fair at a good price too. Did I just contradict myself, maybe.

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Lol ye I know most these days are responsive themes that adjust depending on device/pc used etc... This would not be a responsive theme but a mobile theme that is a separate design. The mobile theme would be served up If visited by a mobile. I guess I am a bit behind the times really.

10. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I know where your coming from, my site works on a mobile device but shows it exactly like it is. When I had a vista mobile site, it took the most important features/option and put them in a list with a picture of the main page. It was simple and a lot easyer to use on a mobile

Advertisement