Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So is your price of £60 just to clean the outside Mark?

I would say I am not quickest but I would be very surprised if that would take more than a hour it looks a well looked after house facsia, soffits and guttering look clean easy money

I couldn't see it taking longer then an hour. Unless you want it too.

When im working I like to get on rather then take my time.

I would be happy with£50/ £60.

So take out setup time and packing away for gutter clearing & wfp work say 15-20 mins you are saying you could clear the guttering and any blocked downspouts also clean all the plastics in one hour total?

You must work very fast indeed. :Image16:

I couldn't see it taking longer then an hour. Unless you want it too.

When im working I like to get on rather then take my time.

I would be happy with£50/ £60.

The point I'm trying to make folks is unless you are experienced at doing this sort of work it's is very easy to underpice a job. Simples...

I have learnt the hard way as jobs you think are going to be easy one way or another turn out to be pigs to do...Trust me :Image3:

So doing it all by hand how would you cope with the steep gradiant when trying to do the front from a ladder?

Would take me 3-4 hours maybe longer by hand for everything

So take out setup time and packing away for gutter clearing & wfp work say 15-20 mins you are saying you could clear the guttering and any blocked downspouts also clean all the plastics in one hour total?

You must work very fast indeed. :Image16:
Smurf im not saying your wrong. Im just saying it wouldn't take me longer then an hour.

I would do it all by hand. 4 climbs front and 4 back.

I would have 2 cloths 1 wet with cleaner on and 1dry scrim.

I would clear gutter and clean fascia at the same time doing a section at a time.

ching ching :Image9:

This one took me 8 hours today, this was just the side and back, but was pretty much the same layout round the front to. All gutters were blocked, and fascias and soffits were filthy.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

I would most likely be a silly boy and have the ladder at a angle or get my Harris pole out and put my car brush on the end and do it from the ground and wipe it off using the pole, and use the Harris pole with a gutter spoon to clean the gutter out from the even ground

I would most likely be a silly boy and have the ladder at a angle or get my Harris pole out and put my car brush on the end and do it from the ground and wipe it off using the pole, and use the Harris pole with a gutter spoon to clean the gutter out from the even ground
Buy a ladder matt mate. Only £20 and can put under ladder leg to even up on uneven ground

Sometimes I've find it quicker to do all by hand as long as it's fairly clean but still take my time working from ladders :Image9:

Smurf im not saying your wrong. Im just saying it wouldn't take me longer then an hour.

I would do it all by hand. 4 climbs front and 4 back.

I would have 2 cloths 1 wet with cleaner on and 1dry scrim.

I would clear gutter and clean fascia at the same time doing a section at a time.

Indeed...but still would not use a ladder without an ankalad and microlite standoff fitted too for added safety.

Buy a ladder matt mate. Only £20 and can put under ladder leg to even up on uneven ground

I don't know what your doing to take 2-3 hours smurf, that's a very small job, front and back only.. 20 mins to clear guttering 30 mins to wash PVC, 20 mins set up pack up paid and chat..

I would have asked for £70-£80.. And if it only took me 1 hour and 10 mins, compared to your 2-3 hours, I'd be on a better hourly rate than you.. Being old and slow is no excuse lol

If customers are willing to pay for my time and get a quality job done safely then everybody is happy.

Like I said before there is no right or wrong price for that kind of job but I don't rush around to do it as quick as I can so charge accordingly. Simples...

I don't know what your doing to take 2-3 hours smurf, that's a very small job, front and back only.. 20 mins to clear guttering 30 mins to wash PVC, 20 mins set up pack up paid and chat..

I would have asked for £70-£80.. And if it only took me 1 hour and 10 mins, compared to your 2-3 hours, I'd be on a better hourly rate than you.. Being old and slow is no excuse lol

Latest Posts

Back