How Often Do You Change Rubber And Aplicator Sleeves?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by stevelewis, Jan 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Just wondered really, change rubbers every 6-8 weeks and aplicator sleeve every 3-4 months or when i can see its on its last legs! lol
    Bear in mind im still 100% trad (only hoses i carry is for my pressure washing jobs in the summer months)

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I change it when its needs to be changed. i.e Corners are burnt out, there a kink in it and there has been the odd occasion where ive been working to fast and it catches on fire.

3. paulio

paulio Active Member

You change your rubber every 6-8 weeks???

4. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Yeah thats normally when i know its going a bit in corners etc, obviously when weather puts pay to working a bit longer, how often u change yours then bud?

5. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Do you blade the leaded windows steve

6. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

I don't change mine that often and 6 - 8 weeks sounds norm, I use Pulex Hard, so these last longer then soft rubbers, plus am part time so not on windows day in day out.

As for the sleeve, only change them whenever, nice to have a new sleeve every nown again.

7. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Yes mate if i didnt then prob wouldnt change them that often tbh, i know some cleaners that only change them once a year! the rubber must be as thin as a cig paper by the end lol

8. paulio

paulio Active Member

I'm lucky if I get a fortnight out of my rubbers before they start leaving lines, I use soft rubbers, there can't be that much of a difference between soft and hard surely?

9. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Like I say am part time, when I was using soft I was changing like all the time more then once a month, try using hard rubber, will last longer

10. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Advertisement