How often do you do your accounts and receipts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gav, Feb 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

As the ***le says really just wondering how often you guys and gals do your accounts etc, i am really bad and always leave it build up.

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

yep, me too, leave it all year actually! do it when i fill the return. what i ought to do is be 1 month behind, that would keep me on track without putting down money yet to come in

3. James

James Guru

I'm kinda hot on my accounts, for some strange reason I enjoy doing it :/

I do my accounts ***htly and organise my receipts also every ***ht.

What a freak.

James.

4. chip

chip Guru

wow! i thought i needed a life :)
    nah just kidding, that's good. if you spend just 10 mins a day or even every other, it saves an enormous headache in april!

5. James

James Guru

haha :) yeah it's kinda bad. But you're right it will save time in April when it comes round. Only 5-10 mins a ***ht on it. I think I live on this forum more than I do my accounts now haha.

James.

6. Hello, to all other VIP's! Making my first post... We do ours daily with a fantastic online account called Xero. This might not suit you guys but I love my technology and when we were about to buy a Sage system to do all our accounts and pay our accountant recommended Xero. She works for some fairly large companies and in her opinion were moving onto Xero.
    It's soooooooo simple to use (once set up I may add), you even get an app for your iPhone that you can create invoices and even put on receipts. Simply take a photo of your petrol receipt then attach it to your account via Xero. Best thing is you can log on from any computer that has internet access and your accountant has a log in so she/he can do their stuff from their office.
    End of year is simple, it produces all profit and loss reports as well as many others. Would recommend having a look. Not bad for £22.50 a month, especially as our accountant hasn't got all the work to do her fees are minimal now.

Anyway prob bored you enough so going back to work!!

7. James

James Guru

Xero, never heard of this. Can you download it? Sage is awesome, I just use traditional accounting methods at the moment but you have a few employees so probs more expenses going out than me. I'm going to look into Xero.

James.

8. You log into it so you don't need to download anything. I've heard Sage was really good. When it was suggested to go to Xero I was a little wary but don't regret it one bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. James

James Guru

Ahh I see what you mean now, it looks good. Sage is awesome. I did an accounting course on it so if you need any help or advice when you get it dont hesitate to PM me.

James.

10. Cheers bud, I don't think we're going to move just yet but I will bank that offer for the future if we do!

Advertisement