Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to use Hypo?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Try 10-1 and try again, spray on leave 30 mins and wash off.
I bought some Morrisons thin bleach which is about 2% at 28p for 2 litres, haven't tried it yet but if it is any good will just use that!
Roland how did you get on with the Morrisons bleach, did it work?

anyone tried to dilute bleach instead of hypo ? I always used hypo but thought to be quite pricey at £26 per 25 L - so been to LADI the other week and bought 20 bottles of bleach 2L each for £0.78 per bottle . That 20 L of bleach mixed I got about 50 L

Tried the mix today on a patio and some garden furniture and works pretty much the same as hypo ?!

anyone tried to dilute bleach instead of hypo ? I always used hypo but thought to be quite pricey at £26 per 25 L - so been to LADI the other week and bought 20 bottles of bleach 2L each for £0.78 per bottle . That 20 L of bleach mixed I got about 50 L
Tried the mix today on a patio and some garden furniture and works pretty much the same as hypo ?!

Bleach and hypo are the same thing.

Bleach like you get from the supermarket is around 2-3% in this country

Hypo you generally buy anywhere from 8-15% concentration.

Supermarket bleach works well on wood in a pinch but often you will need a higher concentration for it to work effectively on concrete paving, slabs or natural stone etc. to remove the black lichen.

bleach and hypo has a different formula

and I always thought bleach is more concentrated than hypo lol . Probably won't buy bleach anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Back