Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo on Indian Sandstone

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dennis Taylor

Good evening peeps,

I do quite a lot of block paving P/Washing and normally apply a 5% hypo mix down prior to washing.

However i've been asked to clean a very dirty Indian Sandstone patio so i just wanted to know if its safe to use hypo on that too.

If it is, then what % mix would you use, dwell time etc.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Dennis

5 water 1 hypo Indian stone is easy to clean..

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Does that equate to a 2% mix ? i normally buy mine at 10% strength
Thanks for the help

Dennis
To be honest mate I don't know, if I'm doing paving & it's bad then I'll run it neat & it comes up in one, if it's not to dirty then I'll dilute & that will come up in one. I did 3 different types today, front drive & 2 at the rear, one been Indian stone.. I always wet the surface first then spray it down, leave for 10 mins & spray again with water. Leave 20 mins then rinse off.. I get great reviews & rucks of referrals. Never dropped a *******.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

d4786e6c7e2dcc5153a0d845a3637956.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I sometimes soft wash Indian Sandstone if it's flaky to avoid damage and so rely entirely on the power of hypo. But if sturdy enough I'll pressure wash it but always mindful of bits splitting off. Attached are 2 recent jobs. The yellowy stone was in a really bad way so I applied 15% hypo diluted to about 5% scrubbed it in with stiff brush and left overnight.Back next day,applied stronger mix and left half hour then pressure washed - you can see results.

The other job I did at weekend and was 100% soft wash - 50/50 mix of 15% hypo,poured on with watering can,left half hour,rinsed and soft washed with another 50/50 mix,left half hour and rinsed.Used about 20 litres I think.indian-sandstone-soft-washing-maidstone.jpg

Both great results - all down to the hypo.

patio-cleaning-bromley.jpg

Latest Posts

Back