Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soft washing render with aluminium window frames.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rich C

Hi all,

I'm hoping to pick the brains of you soft washing pro's this time round and I appreciate your time.

I've been asked to clean the render on this, my concerns are the metal window sills and what hypo would do to them.

The wood would be an issue however I'm not washing that high or close.

What would you guys use to clean this render and not get stung with issues?

Thank you

20230303_155905.jpg

Usually hypo on anodised alluminium is ok , but I did have one bad experience see picture below , I would wet the window frames and sills down with water first obviously you need to wet all the walls as well , I would then apply the hypo mix then WFP the window frames with a small amount of water between coats , this will dilute and prevent any problems, we do dozens of properties per year and only once had an issue .

Attachments

• CFAFA63A-4EAE-4DA3-B287-4D3C0105C6B1.jpeg
    CFAFA63A-4EAE-4DA3-B287-4D3C0105C6B1.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 78E2A839-D764-489C-A3CF-E8F326961B2D.jpeg
    78E2A839-D764-489C-A3CF-E8F326961B2D.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 8
Usually hypo on anodised alluminium is ok , but I did have one bad experience see picture below , I would wet the window frames and sills down with water first obviously you need to wet all the walls as well , I would then apply the hypo mix then WFP the window frames with a small amount of water between coats , this will dilute and prevent any problems, we do dozens of properties per year and only once had an issue .
Thank you pjj appreciate the advice

I'll let you know how I get on ?

Back