Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello,
I'm just starting to have a go at soft washing alongside my regular wi Dow cleaning round.
I have a request for a quote to clean the gable end of this property.
The job is to soft wash the render and the facia.
I was just wondering if anybody had an idea of how much they would charge for this job, and how much chem they would use.
Any replies are very welcome.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20230424-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230424-WA0003.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20230424-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230424-WA0004.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20230424-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230424-WA0002.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 22
Hello,
I'm just starting to have a go at soft washing alongside my regular wi Dow cleaning round.
I was just wondering if anybody had an idea of how much they would charge for this job, and how much chem they would use.
Thanks.
We would be £145 for the end wall , 4-1 mix ,1 barrel of 25 ltr mix will clean that no problem. Should take about an hour . But if you haven’t done softwashing before make sure you know what you are doing and have the appropriate PPE . Get some after pictures for your portfolio

Hello,
Thanks.
I'd agree that around £120.00-£140.00, wear the correct PPE and be aware of people around you if it's windy as you don't want them getting sprayed.

If I was you I'd get some practice in before taking on a paid job. Even if it's you own or a mates house that doesn't mind you treating their house for free. Trust me, I'd rather spend £30 on some hypo and learn how it reacts and get use to all equipment than roll up onto a job not knowing anything.

I'm newish myself, but I spent quite a lot of time and dime doing some odd jobs here and there to feel comfortable. Anyway, that's my 10p worth and I would be around the £150 mark, but it'll depend on what area you live in really.

And bear in mind that fascia board will discolour so wet before and after thoroughly and if you're going to hypo it start with a weak mix and see how much effect it has.
I'd go with much weaker to start and keep wetting it. In fact, tbh, if it was my first I'd be inclined to start just with some soapy water and see if that works.
Pre-wet everywhere that might catch a bit of hypo e.g. window frames etc and keep wetting it with fresh clean water.
Hypo is great but needs to be treated with respect.

Latest Posts

Back