Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Grilles Other Name

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey guys!

Window Grilles, these things (see photo). What’s the more common name for them? I’m racking my brain trying to remember.

I need to quote a job which includes them stuck to the windows. Was going to include this ‘term’ in the quote. As some of you know I was stung years ago when I was just starting out with these stupid things. Let me know what you think:

“Plastic window grilles. These are normally held on with glue/adhesive tape. Occasionally when cleaned these will move or come off of the window. This is due to the adhesive weakening over time due to dirt and the elements. We will not accept liability for replacing these or otherwise compensating for these if they move or come off when cleaned. They are not structural, so there is no risk to the property if they do come off. If you would like to go ahead with the quote we will need written (email) confirmation you accept these terms.”IMG_9820.jpeg

Last edited:
Also known as a PITA
Yes indeed! I still remember vividly the phone call I got after one had fallen off on a new clean. I was on my way to see a friend who was very sick in the hospital. And I had a ‘nurse’ screaming at me she was going to bring down my business because of the ‘damage’ I had caused to her beloved property (which had a smashed window and other astragals that had previously came off).

Hey guys!

Window Grilles, these things (see photo). What’s the more common name for them? I’m racking my brain trying to remember.

I need to quote a job which includes them stuck to the windows. Was going to include this ‘term’ in the quote. As some of you know I was stung years ago when I was just starting out with these stupid things. Let me know what you think:

“Plastic window grilles. These are normally held on with glue/adhesive tape. Occasionally when cleaned these will move or come off of the window. This is due to the adhesive weakening over time due to dirt and the elements. We will not accept liability for replacing these or otherwise compensating for these if they move or come off when cleaned. They are not structural, so there is no risk to the property if they do come off. If you would like to go ahead with the quote we will need written (email) confirmation you accept these terms.”View attachment 28762
When the bars are inside the glass, they are called Georgian.
When there in the outside, they are called authentic Georgian ?

I have some on a relatively new build where the verticals are in the unit and the horizontals are on the glass! Stupid design if you ask me, just asking for trouble.
When I fitted windows, I always dreaded fitting authentic Georgian.
I worked with my brother and he always lost his temper with them

Used to have a round where every window had these. 2 per window one vertical one horizontal connectored together. We're awful, half would fall off or much would get trapped under them

Latest Posts

Back