Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

oap discounts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Had a custy message me asking if i cleaned in a certain area of town. I say i can clean the house when passing to my nearby work around 15 minutes away.
I say £10 / £15 full house. 3 bed, garage roof for bedroom window.

To be nice as shes already a custy.

Day later she replies. Do you do special discounts for Pensioners. i thinks to myself that is a special price . They just dont know a good thing on offer
i havent answered.
i know the Money pensioners have had from the Goverment . Heating allowence etc. over a £1000 .

Im sick of offering low prices to keep people happy.
i havent answered her.
Most will accept these prices normally.

ive started to add £1 / £2 on all my houses now. well over due . Non have cancelled yet. To tell the truth im not Bothered .

Ok she might be asking as some may be struggling . Im running a bussiness .
imagine if her neighbours come out and say do mine for a tenner as our old one charged £15
Leave it to a newby on the dole who will charge £6

wow, someone's definitely not feeling the vibe today. ive never seen anyone get so vexxed at an old dear asking if you do oap discount...????

£1,000 is nothing if they are stuck at home most of the time and really feel the cold and have the heating on a lot.

They ask for a discount because lots of others not service providers do oap discounts, I would never drop my price though,

If you do a discount then the next time you turn up they will probably have a brand new car on the drive ?

Its not the home owner who asked me. its a regular customer asked how much id charge.
Not realising i dont need the job i told her. That price is still cheap. I dont over price as some. As soon as they mentioned discount.
Ive said she wont get it cheaper. that is a special price .
When your getting ladders off van for garage roof access for bedroom window also

most would just leave it if ladders are to be used

To be fair to the customer 'if they don't ask you don't get' type thing. Have you never asked if someone can do a better price?

That said for £10 to £15 sounds cheap for a 4 bed plus the agro of ladders! Sounds very cheap to me.

Priced cheaply as it is £10 / £15 for a 3- 4 bed house. Prob not been cleaned for ages . Unless the old windy has put his prices up and not happy with it .
I wasn't disputing that, I was just suggesting you tell her that and I see that you've now covered that in subsequent post

I would just tell her that the bulk of our customer base are pensioners because older people are more house proud. Say you'd go out of business if you did them discounts but you always try to be competitive. Then depending how dark your sense of humour is you could say you need to charge them more because the sods keep dying on you :ROFLMAO:

Knock a pound of this time and next time quote a couple of quid extra so you're ready to be able to come down to a level you wanted if they wanna haggle.

Latest Posts

Back