Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

customer asking for other quotes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

I think its about time to drop a customer who has asked another windy how much he would charge her . Hes Trad . Her Previous windy was trad who she dropped to ask me to clean them . Around 12 months now everything seems ok.
I was a bit shocked as she showed no reasons to say she wasnt happy with my service.
Maybe looking for a Lower price . They are not short as he works off shore.

You think you know your customers but you never do
She dosent know i know she asked for a quote.
dont think ill let her Cancel, just dump and say im too busy and down sizeing

Residents Fb pages seem to be plastered with new window cleaners now .

I think its about time to drop a customer who has asked another windy how much he would charge her . Hes Trad . Her Previous windy was trad who she dropped to ask me to clean them . Around 12 months now everything seems ok.
I was a bit shocked as she showed no reasons to say she wasnt happy with my service.

If it's a decent price job stick with it until something better paid comes along. No point losing money by dumping till you have a better paid job to do in it's place.

Some customers just prefer a trad cleaner in the same way we have customers who would only employ a wfp cleaner. In years gone by, some customers hated us leaving the windows wet. They also feel that a trad cleaner should be cheaper.

There is nothing wrong with them asking someone else to quote. If you are doing a good job, then stick with them until they cancel your services. You just mustn't take things personally.

We've lost customers because they don't feel comfortable with us. We have also gained customers through recommendation, as people trust us.

As I said before no loyalty in window cleaning. I have bent over backwards to help customers and still got dropped. Now I am in complete control and don't get messed around no more.

I used to work offshore, contrary to what everyone thinks it doesn't mean your loaded. Most aren't tbh.

Maybe she was asking to see how it reflects your price to compare it with. If 2 shops are beside watch other and ones cheaper than the other then which shop would you shop at?

Some might just be checking to see if what they are paying is a good price I wouldn’t worry about it just keep doing it unless she’s a pita customer , she might not get rid of you the other guy might be higher priced than you ??

I used to work offshore, contrary to what everyone thinks it doesn't mean your loaded. Most aren't tbh.

Maybe she was asking to see how it reflects your price to compare it with. If 2 shops are beside watch other and ones cheaper than the other then which shop would you shop at?
There is 2 off licence’s next door to each other not far from me and one of em has a big sign in the window says CHEAPER THAN NEXT DOOR ➡️ Nobody ever goes in the dearer shop must be a front for something dodgy ?

the average Price here is around £10 / £14 Private estate . i have around 120 on the estate so it does not effect me if i loose any
As usually happens you loose one you pick 1 or 2 new customers up again.
Residents Fb page she must have forgot i have access to it HaHa most areas & new build estates have Fb pages set up now. Just a bit peeved she was asking for a price . Sometimes your best off media

the average Price here is around £10 / £14 Private estate . i have around 120 on the estate so it does not effect me if i loose any
Residents Fb page she must have forgot i have access to it HaHa most areas & new build estates have Fb pages set up now. Just a bit peeved she was asking for a price . Sometimes your best off media

When I give a price and the customer thinks its to dear il usually offer her the number of the people who have the cheapest prices. It takes away any haggling aswell. I've gave them an option of a cheaper price.

This might be petty and it is, it's probably not best for buisnes either but I wouldn't take them back on if they did cancel to go elsewhere. Or they would get given a price that was more than it was before.

Today an old customer blanked me as we walked by. I am now blocking folk from my mobile that I don't want to work for. This is the easiest way to stop them contacting me. If they call on another phone and ask why I will tell them the truth and say i blocked them because I'm too busy now with loyal customers. fwiw

You assume they aren't short of money but you don't know the ins and out's of their personal life they might have to cut back like a lot of other people, surprisingly it's the ones with plenty of money or the ones we assume have plenty of money that sometimes need to make cutbacks

Don't be. Neighbours will talk about all sorts of things, including their window cleaner. Sometimes I tell them they must really be scrapping the conversation barrel if they are talking about me.
Today an old customer blanked me as we walked by. I am now blocking folk from my mobile that I don't want to work for. This is the easiest way to stop them contacting me. If they call on another phone and ask why I will tell them the truth and say i blocked them because I'm too busy now with loyal customers. fwiw
As you get older your powers of recognition can deteriorate. And one's mind can be on something else. Their powers of concentration are most probably on not tripping up or they are in pain. They might have been having a bad day or for some bad news.. If someone is out of their environment I will recognise them but can have trouble placing where I know them from.

So they might not have blanked you knowingly on purpose.

Don't be. Neighbours will talk about all sorts of things, including their window cleaner. Sometimes I tell them they must really be scrapping the conversation barrel if they are talking about me.

As you get older your powers of recognition can deteriorate. And one's mind can be on something else. Their powers of concentration are most probably on not tripping up or they are in pain. They might have been having a bad day or for some bad news.. If someone is out of their environment I will recognise them but can have trouble placing where I know them from.

So they might not have blanked you knowingly on purpose.
No they are just back from a long holiday around the world. Always saying they have no money and want things done on cheap. Better to not get involved and let them find someone else. Problem in this world, great workmen and cheap prices are very hard to find. I was that guy but not anymore as I need a new van.

Ive put a lot of prices up latelly . only a £1 or £2 Still priced competitively in the area. Not one cancelled yet. Like everyone we need decent loyal customers who appreciate our service we provide to them on a regular basis for a steady income.
Like most of us if we loose one you usually replace that one with a better customer
Just makes you wonder if anyone is not happy with any part of our service then simply let us know . Easier to put right

Latest Posts

Back