Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer excuses

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you have enough work I'd tell the 2 who canceled that the space is gone, they will just cancel again next time. I don't put people back on, what's probably happened is they found someone cheaper but he's stopped coning as it's not worth his while so there going to go back with you.

Everyone at the start has to put up with things we don't want to, you end up bending over backwards for them, if there not happy with the price you quote they basically tell you what they will be paying by haggling. If you someone hasn't got alot of work then you accept it as no point cutting of your nose. As soon as you think you have enough though then you can walk away if they don't agree .

I put everything up £2 last year, one person text saying they couldn't afford £11, but could pay £10. I text back a nice polite message but told them I wouldn't be continuing, even offered the person who is the cheapest I'm the areas number and said he would probably be a bit cheaper. She then said she'd pay the £11
I'm doing good but not full... or not where I'm aiming to be anyway so not taking them back wasn't an option, buy they've come back at a much higher price, they were on £20 every 4 they've come back at £35 every 8 so that's why I say it's worked for me. I set my price and that's that, there is no haggling with me, for me it's the price, take it or leave it. I think pricing is one area where you can have control in the earlier years. But to get the work and keep it I give the highest level of service I can reasonably give and texting I find is one area that improves the service from the customers point of view. Also helps me with the locked gates etc.

I don't use the software, I did try it for a few months but changed back, I do it all on Microsoft word.

What happens if something comes up and you don't get all of them done ? Then have to text again etc. 20 quid I pay for buisness cards that I put through the doors, 1000 lasts a few months. It's not a big expense.

I didn't say to the guy I worked with we had to get through this amount today, some days we got through more work on the same part of the run than the previous month, sometimes we didn't get as much done. Towards the end of the week if we weren't where I thought we should be then I'd split the work up a bit so we worked on our own. 2 people working together rarely get through the same amount as 2 people working separately
We obviously work to stricter guide lines then you do. If we can't do the scheduled work on the day then we either do it the next day or the next month. This however has only ever happened a couple of times in 12 years.
We aren't however reliant on residential work and have also found the fact we inform customers we're coming is very much appreciated, we also are never more than 5 weeks or quicker than 4 weeks as we offer a monthly wash.
On our commercial/ residential work we have already sent our yearly schedule. Last year we were only "late" because of 2 days where the winds were too strong for us to clean.

We obviously work to stricter guide lines then you do. If we can't do the scheduled work on the day then we either do it the next day or the next month. This however has only ever happened a couple of times in 12 years.
We aren't however reliant on residential work and have also found the fact we inform customers we're coming is very much appreciated, we also are never more than 5 weeks or quicker than 4 weeks as we offer a monthly wash.
On our commercial/ residential work we have already sent our yearly schedule. Last year we were only "late" because of 2 days where the winds were too strong for us to clean.

It's unrealistic to think your going to get the same work load out someone each day, there will be days when they are a bit sluggish. Customers can keep you back too. If you don't get to them you miss them that month ? I don't get that part. Surley you start where you finish the previous day. Do you not do it in the same order so it's all together

It's unrealistic to think your going to get the same work load out someone each day, there will be days when they are a bit sluggish. Customers can keep you back too. If you don't get to them you miss them that month ? I don't get that part. Surley you start where you finish the previous day. Do you not do it in the same order so it's all together
We don't need to push every day. There is only 1 residential day a month where we need to work 8 hours.
If we don't manage to do them we ask them if they want fitting in another day or to skip this month.
We aren't that bothered if one or two skip every day, actually only get 1 or 2 a month, as in the grand scheme pf things it's not exactly killing our business

I automatically think there's something there not telling me when a new customer says the last window cleaner just stopped coming.
Sometimes window cleaners just don't get on with the customer or the cleaner has caused damage or issues or recently as I have explained to some enquires when they are the middle hose in a row of 20+ terraces the reason they've been let and I won't take the job on is due to access issues I have had to do this three times recently

Really don’t get the big deal about texting.
I spend about 5 minutes after work texting the ones with gate issues for the next day.
It streamlines my day with no climbing over gates involved.
Very rarely they cancel, if they do it’s generally for a good reason, which does me a favour as I can book in something else.
I have no schedule as such as I have lots of holidays and time off for fishing, ska do’s etc, so customers don’t expect me bang on every six weeks.
Been working like that for best part of 30 years without issue. Really no big deal IMO. ???‍?

I only text a few customers who live in flats after the clean but I prefer cards. I can leave my cards at the entrance to flats and pick up a new customer just by seeing my card. I think cards have a personal touch and handy for a customer to pass on. I cleaned my website guy's office windows and received 5k in new cards as payment so still have 4,500 to give out. ?

S
Sometimes window cleaners just don't get on with the customer or the cleaner has caused damage or issues or recently as I have explained to some enquires when they are the middle hose in a row of 20+ terraces the reason they've been let and I won't take the job on is due to access issues I have had to do this three times recently

There's a really big company near me, the owner doesn't clean the windows, he has 4 transits with 2 people in them, he drives one of the big transits with seats in the back, he drops the guys off and picks them up for lunches. He looses houses daily because the attitude of some workers, he's that big though that he picks up loads. He's got that much in all the streets that when the people cancel, they find it hard getting someone to come in just forn1 etc. They then have to phone him to come back.

Latest Posts

Back