Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First job today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

Alec

After buying a van & rigging up with a pole system. I've completed my first outside clean today... Fascias, soffits, windows frames & conservatory in & out.. Well outside was filthy covered in moss etc.. I'm knackered, does it get any better?

Anyone know of a decent UPVC cleaner? I've used No Nonsence from Screw fix 5 cap fulls to 5 litres ffs it never made any dif. Am I best to use it neat or 50/50...

Also my system is brand new complete but the battery only last a few hours & uses to much water. So my guess is switch this down to 22ish.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you in advance.

Goes up to 99 mate, I've had it on 30, then lowered it to 22 as was running out of water, but Christ it seems to thrash through water..

After buying a van & rigging up with a pole system. I've completed my first outside clean today... Fascias, soffits, windows frames & conservatory in & out.. Well outside was filthy covered in moss etc.. I'm knackered, does it get any better?
Anyone know of a decent UPVC cleaner? I've used No Nonsence from Screw fix 5 cap fulls to 5 litres ffs it never made any dif. Am I best to use it neat or 50/50...

Also my system is brand new complete but the battery only last a few hours & uses to much water. So my guess is switch this down to 22ish.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you in advance.
was it the no nonsense degreaser? If so use 20:1 and leave it 5mins before scrubbing

Yes mate that's the one, reviews were good.. what would happen if I squirted it nest onto the UPVC? Guessing it would be a waste

Yes mate that's the one, reviews were good.. what would happen if I squirted it nest onto the UPVC? Guessing it would be a waste
It would do a good job of shifting the dirt but would be a huge waste and would turn out to be an expensive job for you.

Like Clisty said, 20:1 would be fine. So for your 5 litres of water you'd need 250ml No nonsense, a fair bit more than 5 cap fulls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one dude. Got to give it a final clean tomo as today was basically getting the **** off it. Suppose most would say it's done, but I want her sparkling, this baby will lead to more work I'm sure..

order some virosol, great stuff. do not leave too long on upvc. use a sprayer. about 30 secs, clean in stages, just spray the areas you are leaning in that stage. have you got a sill brush to do connys and gutter facias, best brush to use. You can always use a hosepipe . if you make a hozelock fitting for your pole. remove most of the stubborn **** first, then clean brush and use your pure, making it less waste using your pure water.

to make a hose connection, some hosepipe, one end with a hozelock fitting, the other end with a male or female fitting for your pole hose connection.

That's most helpful dude I thought some kind of sill brush was needed.. Nice tip on hose conversion using tap water..

That's most helpful dude I thought some kind of sill brush was needed.. Nice tip on hose conversion using tap water..

This fella didn't have an outside tap as I said I'd also jetwash decking but had to use bucket & decking bush bloody hard graft..

Back