Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this the fastest one man van setup?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

ive just put this van up for sale in the classifieds and im sure this is the fastest and most efficient one man van setup.
what do think? does anyone know of something quicker and more time efficient?

ive just put this van up for sale in the classifieds and im sure this is the fastest and most efficient one man van setup.

This very video is why you have to ignore attention seekers looking for their few minutes of YouTube fame.
He's parked up in the middle of a busy road with his hose from the hose reel dangling above the road. What happens if a motorcycle comes past? He couldn't clean the whole house with the van parked in that position, either.

That window is far too clean to begin with, so not a practical demonstration - rather it's just deceiving a newbie on how to clean windows. There is no dirt on the sill to begin with.

We have come to the conclusion that to clean a window we need 2 passes, not just one, as he has done. We also have to spend time on the sills.

What do I think of the video? Nothing.

I believe that leaving a motor vehicle unattended on a public highway with the engine running is illegal!
Also your pole might constitute an unsafe load as it's not secured plus it is obstructing one of your 2 legally required mirrors.

It might be a quick method but I'm not sure it's a safe one.

god everyone calm down ?? its was merely a demonstration,
no thats not a busy road, it is infact a dead end, no through traffic.
i have worked in this way for over 3 years, never been pulled, never had anything fall off, never not been able to see out of my mirror, never decapitated a cyclist, never murdered an old woman, never hit a dog or kicked a cat.

and no thats not how i clean a window, no i didnt do the door as it was again... a demonstration... and no one was about as it was my own frigging house.... god you lot are so serious about stuff...

I’ve actually been thinking about running my hose reel out of the side door instead of the back as I can put it on top of the water tank which should make winding it up easier you might of just given me the push to do it!

There is a quicker way I have a remote on my 3D power up which winds back in as you walk back to the van, which is idea when Only short lengths of hose pulled out but I don’t recommend using the remote when lots of hose of the reel as it’s spools back in uneven.

I’ve actually been thinking about running my hose reel out of the side door instead of the back as I can put it on top of the water tank which should make winding it up easier you might of just given me the push to do it!
honest to god, the "Mirror method" is the fastest physical way (practically) for a one man van setup, i would not use any other method, and speed means earnings ?
I work out t side door my son works out the back I much prefer side ?
ahhh shame it doesnt work for 2 man teams ?
There is a quicker way I have a remote on my 3D power up which winds back in as you walk back to the van, which is idea when Only short lengths of hose pulled out but I don’t recommend using the remote when lots of hose of the reel as it’s spools back in uneven.
i thought that myself but was worries the hose would get well buggered up not guiding it on ?

Am I missing something here? Obviously no one drives around with their door wide open and pole rested on their wing mirror blocking the whole street (guessing that part was for the benefit of the video) but most of that is common practise for those using fixed reel van mounts.

I saw the electric double socket with adapter lead and thought this could be the OP’s house.
good observational skills
Am I missing something here? Obviously no one drives around with their door wide open and pole rested on their wing mirror blocking the whole street (guessing that part was for the benefit of the video) but most of that is common practise for those using fixed reel van mounts.
i cant believe no one does this (obviously not blocking the road) i have used this method for years and have never had an issue, it isnt illegal as everything is secured, ive even spoken to a couple of police when out and about and both have said "as long as everyone & everything is secure on the vehicle thats fine".... the pole and brush rests in the big groove of the mirror and the butt section sits in in a custom made deep holder, the pole has never fallen off, nothing ever falls out as its all secured and again im yet to see a quicker one man setup.

i do understand this may seem very alien to most people as we are taught to shut doors etc, byt trust me, its a brilliant setup ?

It's 18 seconds from the moment you stop the van to putting the brush on the window. Impressive that.

That's the time to beat fella's, game on ? ?
hold on, i can be that, youve seen me, like a fat lazy turtle walking around the van.... im gonna try again.. but will use the new van ha ha ha

hold on, i can be that, youve seen me, like a fat lazy turtle walking around the van.... im gonna try again.. but will use the new van ha ha ha
I reckon you could save 3 seconds if you had the sliding door on the drivers side and pulled up with the drivers side closest to the house ? As for turning the van around to make that work... handbrake turn, that would look cooler as well :ROFLMAO:

I have my reels facing the side doors, one either side. I pull up, grab the pole from out of the clamps on the edge of the roof rack, walk up to the window and start.
Very similar to your method, although I shut my doors when moving.

The one thing that did surprise me was your appearance. I assumed that was you in your avatar ?

Setting up efficiency is definitely something I'm going to time to save those few seconds. It's something I've not really given a lot of thought of recently but having seen your video it's got me thinking about the time lost. I think mine is quite good but I've worked out I need to save 10 minutes every hour for everything to hit target. If I can save 3 minutes on setup / pack away on that hour then it would help a lot.

I reckon it probably takes me about 45 seconds using the trolley, but faffing about putting gloves on, finding cloths etc... wouldn't surprise me if it was over a minute sometimes. All adds up over the day. Sometimes just the hose snagging on something getting it out the van can interrupt my rhythm.

Back