Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

opinions on expanding my area

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
I have been considering targeting the next town to where i live for a while as i have been asked to do a couple by friends but always put it off

I just joined about 15 facebook groups there and am planning to get as much work as i can there and telling them all i can start in 2 weeks

That way i can hopefully build up enough work to be worth the travel

Then i have a choice of 2 other towns that almost join to stevenage to start again

Anyone think this is worth it as i reckon if it works and i start with 1 day a month in a town and leaflet any road i get new customers in while i am there it could really expand my business quicker

@Damo don't worry i am not going out as far as your area lol

Opinions/advice appreciated

The next town is only 10 minutes away and I'm thinking it gives me more scope to build quicker

I am deliberately targetting my immediate area like doing 5 hours canvassing / leafletting today but facebook etc slowly builds work in an area without actually having to go there to get work so can passively build up a bit while staying in my town

It's just an idea but I know what you mean Darren and i will not stop concentrating my efforts here

How did you do it @boarcity?

Did you concentrate on 1 town first or do all 3 simultaneously?

If i got just over a day in each of my 3 local towns that would virtually cover my shortfall and see me starting to max out

Then i can concentrate on compacting my areas rather than taking on any and every job

How did you do it @boarcity?
Did you concentrate on 1 town first or do all 3 simultaneously?

If i got just over a day in each of my 3 local towns that would virtually cover my shortfall and see me starting to max out

Then i can concentrate on compacting my areas rather than taking on any and every job
i work in 4 towns . the way i did it was generated work by going there on a free day,doing a spot of leafletting in each town . work then rolls in . a lesson i learned is to only accept work in the town itself,you dont want any in the villages along the way ,or else you keep stopping to do stragglers end up getting to the town at lunchtime knackered .

theres an element of luck to it,some town the leafletting might not go well,the kick in the guts,but keep going back do more is my tip.

i can remember first time i leafletted in colchester [my furthest away town] i did 2 hours leaflets in november 08- grrr got not even 1 call. then 6 months later 1 lady called who had kept my flyer on her fridge. it was a tiny house,6 quid job. something told me ,go do it. so i drove there 20 miles each way every month just for 6 quid -each time went out putting out flyers while i was there . slowly it grew, now iv about 400 houses in that town alone. im still doing that 6 quid titchy house too,well its now 7 quid

slowly slowly catchee monkey!

Last edited:
My futherest is 19. Miles took one on at 15 now have a gdd collection of monthly cleans all pay online. But this is only 6 mile away from my closest work which is a very large amount of houses we clean.

They have jus been done and I sent one my guys out to canvas the area. Went gd Next month we will all go out on the Saturday to it. 4 of us to canvas it in one day. Which will then bring it up toa decent wee stop

But the next town to that which is another four mile away looks gd but can't go there till we have a gd half days work for 2 people in the spot which I'm in already

I have done it like boarcity, got a town i would like a bit out the way, first months i drove there for nothing now i have a full day each month, patience usualy pays off and

To a point luck.

Back