Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Incheck

Hi all, I often think to myself I selected the wrong ladder when first starting. It’s a triple extension ladder goes up to over 10m. When it comes to doing gutters it’s great but i’m using the first two sections only most of the time for window frame restoration jobs. even with the two sections alone, it is still really heavy .

Has anyone used the Double extension Lyte ladders? If so, what height of ladder is adequate for residential window cleaning? I’m thinking of investing in a pair to make life a bit easier.

It will also help with fuel consumption on the van as having a 32kg ladder on the roof rack 24/7 seems overkill to me.

Thanks for any advice guys.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use a titan(yellow)3.5m double extension as my daily trad ladder which reaches most residential property’s. Also have a 4m triple for higher stuff. Titans are very similar to lytes in quality as they are both trade ladders. The lytes have slightly larger rungs if I remember rightly.

I bought a triple titan 4.5m closed class 1. They are used to hold a 6m scaffold board and are far to heavy for jobbing work. For jobbing work I bought a triple titian classic which is great for gutters as long as there's not much wind. For my windows I bought the Lyte diy class 3 double extension. Fitted swivel feet and a standoff and i'm good to go at any moment. Not so light now with the standoff fitted. I would recommend fitting the £25 swivel feet to any ladder you will be working off and wont be without them.

I use a titan(yellow)3.5m double extension as my daily trad ladder which reaches most residential property’s. Also have a 4m triple for higher stuff. Titans are very similar to lytes in quality as they are both trade ladders. The lytes have slightly larger rungs if I remember rightly.

Yes, the lyte rungs are comfier to stand on even in thin soled footwear 

Back