Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder recommendations please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ChrisD

Hi there, I am sure this topic has been absolutely slayed but I am starting out and would like some advice on a general use set of ladders, good for guttering and cleans preferably, to two storey semis. 

Thinking a two section would be most practical. But any advice would be appreciated. 

Seen the Ramsay A frames which look good but don't think they would be as stable as a standard titan ladder for instance and maybe more tailored to window cleaning only?! 

Also how do you usually level your ladders do you use the black pads? Or any devices that you can recommend. 

Any help I'd very much appreciated, feeling a bit lost with all the options quite frankly. 

Many thanks

Hi there, I am sure this topic has been absolutely slayed but I am starting out and would like some advice on a general use set of ladders, good for guttering and cleans preferably, to two storey semis. 

Thinking a two section would be most practical. But any advice would be appreciated. 

Seen the Ramsay A frames which look good but don't think they would be as stable as a standard titan ladder for instance and maybe more tailored to window cleaning only?! 

Also how do you usually level your ladders do you use the black pads? Or any devices that you can recommend. 

Any help I'd very much appreciated, feeling a bit lost with all the options quite frankly. 

Many thanks
Ramsey pointers are very good ladders that's what we have we do use them for gutter jobs on odd occasions but if doing it a lot then a traditional ladder with stand off bracket would be better . Lite ladders are very good but a bit bulky . As others have said midland ladders are very good , I would personally avoid youngman ladder although trade grade they arnt well made and feel flimsy , TB Davies are are  very good suppliers 

Last edited by a moderator:

Many thanks
I have a few sets of ladders but I never use them. 

These youngman combination ladders are great paired with a clip on stand off

https://www.youngmanaccess.com/combination-ladders/Combi100Series/34238118

If its mainly for gutter cleaning, go for a 25ft set of triples, stand offs are a must.

I wouldn't personally use A pointers for gutters.

As for leveling, a wooden wedge or ladder matts. I personally prefer a wooden wedge.

For suppliers, we use titan ladders.

I would have a look over the new legislation on ladders with a stabiliser bar. Loads of info on this online. For guttering, I would probably go for this to stay within the regs.

A few things you should also consider buying;

hooks for your bucket, you can buy ones from b&q for a few quid. 

Also safety brackets are great for decking. I wouldn't go to work without these.

20211015_092756.jpg

If its mainly for gutter cleaning, go for a 25ft set of triples, stand offs are a must.

I wouldn't personally use A pointers for gutters.

As for leveling, a wooden wedge or ladder matts. I personally prefer a wooden wedge.

For suppliers, we use titan ladders.

I would have a look over the new legislation on ladders with a stabiliser bar. Loads of info on this online. For guttering, I would probably go for this to stay within the regs.

A few things you should also consider buying;

hooks for your bucket, you can buy ones from b&q for a few quid. 

Also safety brackets are great for decking. I wouldn't go to work without these.

View attachment 25928
Many thanks for the reply, found the brkts for a good price in screwfix and will check out titan tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back