Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Returning window cleaner from wales

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulm1972

Hi there. I used to have a cleaning round in Christchurch, Dorset about 18 years ago but moved to Wales so gave it up. It was a ladder round. So my current online business has not been great this year. every week sales get less and less. So I am thinking of taking up window cleaning again. But with a high reach system. I don't like ladders anymore. Any recommendations or things to avoid I would be grateful for the advice. Thanks Paul

It would be good if you could help someone around your area cleaning with wfp. Then you could see the setup and put a cost on everything. A van, van system, poles, brushes and everything else you would need to buy. It costs plenty of money to setup so even doing it part time would help. After 4 years and buying everything I need, I'm not sure if I would have done it again if I knew what the cost would have been.

Normally I'm against people saying this, BUT, there are going to be unprecedented struggles over the next few months for a lot of people - you say you want to get back into window cleaning as you've seen sales drop, but I feel this will be the case for a lot of window cleaners so maybe right now isn't the best time to get back into the business if you're looking for stability?

With that said, I don't know you and don't know how you cope under pressure etc and I'm personally still picking up work daily so it is definitely doable. Best of luck!

I still believe its a growing industry. A guy gave up and he was charging beer money so I took over 3 customers and charged double which they were okay with because they realised he was far too cheap. If you charge a real price, reliable and do a good job then you will always get new work because too many are giving up the job. Anyone running multiple vans will tell you they can't get reliable staff and if they do then they don't stay long.

Latest Posts

Back