Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Laser measurement

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I find the cheap laser measures are difficult if not impossible to use outdoors in daylight, you just can't see he laser dot. The more expensive ones might be better.
I found a measuring wheel to be easy - bought one from b&q.

I just pace it out - its close enough - after 7 years I just look at whatever it is calculate the time and price it accordingly - who really what's the faff of playing with measuring wheels and lasers ?

I have a laser and don't ever use it unless I want to measure the height of a house for render clean, but even then I rarely use it. I have a cheap foldout measuring wheel and it's so easy and quick and small to carry about.

I never measure anything for pressure washing to be honest. Look at it and decide how long it might take and then apply a ‘day rate plus materials’. I suppose if it was a tiny job I might just pick a number that makes it worthwhile turning up but as it’s not my main business I’m rarely doing more than 2 jobs a day and mostly one and they take me all day so the above works fine. If you do want one there are loads of cheap ones on eBay. £25 will get you a decent one. As has been said though they’ve not great in daylight.

3 wheels on my wagon < who sang that? i once saw a fellow with a lazer measurer it made a cool beeping noise when in use , id want one that beeped if i was going to buy one.
That reminds me,years ago i attended the window cleaning show up in the Midlands ,a windy legend who has since passed , from Spain ,Karl Robinson, showed me one of the stalls had a guttervac that when you turned it on it made an unintentional musical noise, just 4 notes -actually was the opening notes of "shine on you crazy diamond" by pink floyd . I wish in hindsight id bought it on the spot ,just to plug it in and switch it on at arrival at folks homes would have been golden.Karl - I still owe you that beer !

Last edited:
Back