Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie Advice on raising a pole please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S.W. Window Cleaning

I broke a clamp on my new slx30 today. I know im not raising the pole properly. I extend all the sections on the ground and then am trying to lift it but its quite a weight. Thats what I was doing today when I dropped it:(

I presume you should hold the pole up and extend each section from the top? Any better methods?

Cheers,

Steve

My technique for extending at height is this; put the bottom section between your legs with the pole fully closed and use your knee or lower leg to support it as you extend each section from the bottom. You'll do your back in the way you're doing it!

EDIT; make sure you keep hold of it, I've smacked my gonads a few times /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha i can imagine the air turning blue aswell as your gonads tuffers lmao

S.W. My technique is as you said....hold it and extend it, but as it gets to a decent height i rest the brush on something, either a sill or a window, but if none available spin it so the brush doesnt touch the wall and use a wall......or just go straight up so your not having to wrestle it but be careful of phone wires or power cables

If you want to extend it out on the ground then to lift it you put the base cap against a kerb or your bucket/drum of water then lift the brush end up & walk towards the base lifting the pole as you do.

Sorry to hear that you broke your pole /emoticons/sad.png

They can be raised and lowered without the need to go bashing yer gonads about as show in this vid./emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8lX_SFfmpI[/media]

Just be careful when using a wfp the base section dosen't go bashing parked cars etc as belive me I've bashed a few in my time not paying attention to where the base of my pole is at. /emoticons/wink.png

Another tip is don't rest the pole against a wall as if it falls over not only can you break the pole but can cause damage to customers property and worse case hit someone.

One more tip is if you put the wfp on the ground make sure no one including yoursef can stand on/trip over it. And yes I've broken a pole on the ground whilst using another looking up too. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They can be raised and lowered without the need to go bashing yer gonads about as show in this vid./emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8lX_SFfmpI[/media]

Just be careful when using a wfp the base section dosen't go bashing parked cars etc as belive me I've bashed a few in my time not paying attention to where the base of my pole is at. /emoticons/wink.png

Another tip is don't rest the pole against a wall as if it falls over not only can you break the pole but can cause damage to customers property and worse case hit someone.

One more tip is if you put the wfp on the ground make sure no one including yoursef can stand on/trip over it. And yes I've broken a pole on the ground whilst using another looking up too. /emoticons/biggrin.png
thats how i rase my pole ive never extended it on the ground ever even when im extending to 50 feet

They can be raised and lowered without the need to go bashing yer gonads about as show in this vid.

the more i watch the wfp the more i want it......mind you divvy here cant really handle a ladder .....the guy today said park outside the gates as he lives on a narrow country lane and he had gone out so i parked far over in front of the gates to leave him enough room if he did come back....and then i went to get my ladders off....i didnt see the big antique light hanging above....crunch....lucky for me no glass was broke....thats why i like to always park in the same spot....:specs

Yep I've clunked a few thinks in my time carrying & using ladders. Oops!/emoticons/biggrin.png

Back