Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Bend On Velux

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris70

Hi i have 8 section SLX pole when i clean some Velux which are high in roof and need each pole section fully extended i get quite a bend in it thing is i suffer from back disc problem and puts a lot of pressure on back trying to hold pole as straight as i can i have put extended gooseneck on which as helped a bit but still a bend what i'm wondering is if i add a section 9 and and don't extend sections 1 and 2 as much will this help
Cheers

Your health is more important than ensuring you clean some Velux windows in the roof that the customer can easily clean for inside by flipping them over.

My advice is to stop doing them, even if you have to knock a little off the price. Is a slipped disc worth a couple of extra quid cleaning them? No, in my opinion.

If they don't like it then they must find another cleaner imho.

appreciate ya reply spruce and have thought that my self to be honest mate was out of work for a few weeks in march because of stretching for velux just not worth it really

Hi i have 8 section SLX pole when i clean some Velux which are high in roof and need each pole section fully extended i get quite a bend in it thing is i suffer from back disc problem and puts a lot of pressure on back trying to hold pole as straight as i can i have put extended gooseneck on which as helped a bit but still a bend what i'm wondering is if i add a section 9 and and don't extend sections 1 and 2 as much will this help
Cheers
Simple answer is yes it will help make it stiffer but the six is a bit whippey a stiffer pole will help but I agree with @spruce comments don’t risk injury for a velux window.

Back