Light weight hose reel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by luc, May 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. luc

luc Well-Known Member

After some advice on hose reel and hose, my daughters struggling with the weight of my metal hose reel and 100m of micro bore hose (i don't want her to have an injury this early in the game) so I'm thinking of this;

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...t-metal-freestanding-microbore-hose-reel.html

But was wondering if I could use pole hose instead, I know it wont last as long but do any of you do it this way? and can the pump still manage? any advice would be more than welcome.

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

buy the claber reel and only use 50 m of hose and keep her on the fronts after all how many times does she have the whole reel unloaded

i have one of them sitting empty in the van :p

3. luc

luc Well-Known Member

Thx Peter I'll be over tonight to pick up that reel:D

We have a couple of estates where we do reel out up to 100m mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to move the truck.

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

well we claber wont be reeling out 100m of hose as it to bulky and will fall over there isn rnough space under the reel if u get me that why i changed

5. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

The Clabber Reel works fine with 100m of 6mm hose :thumbsup:.

Any reel can 'fall-over' when un-winding if the reel is not facing the direction that you are pulling the hose too.

If any make of reel is unstable when used 'free-standing' outside the van, cut 2 lengths of wood wider than the frame and attach to the underside of the reel-frame...this will give the reel a wider footprint and stop the reel from toppling over.

Luc........make a shelf at waist height for the reel....you can then choose to have the reel 'fixed' or 'semi-fixed' in the van by using pipe-clips to secure the frame...... this makes reeling-in the hose soooooo much easier :thumbsup:.

6. luc

luc Well-Known Member

Thanks Bingo good advice, I work out of a pickup and have been thinking about fixing the reels in the back on some sort of swivel so she can pull the hose in any direction.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I like this idea and if they were motor reels would be even better

Advertisement