Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Loads of stuff for sale

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I like your thinking as protecting the ro, filters & di tank from frost is a must :thumbsup:

Off topic, but I don't have an outside tap either, or anywhere warm to store my water butt, what I have done is mount the RO unit inside and drilled a hole in the wall to fill the butt on the other side of the wall, outside, then have a pond heater (about £14) in the butt to keep it from freezing.
Have you got a pic of the setup anywhere mate?

I like your thinking as protecting the ro, filters & di tank from frost is a must :thumbsup:
Yeah, I was originally going to put the RO unit outside mounted onto the wall and supply water to it thought the wall, but made more sense to do it this way as like you say, frozen RO unit is not a happy RO unit.

Its funny you should say that. Only last night I was looking online to see if anyone local was selling pure water as I'm interested in the trolley+pole, but I haven't got an outside tap set up yet. Got a blue water but style 'tank', but nothing warm to store it in.
4b93cea06d09b4be32c6b1520603f25a.png

Erm no, not really, but it really isn't anything special, just an RO unit with a hole in the wall lol
Lol, I don't know too much on the science of pure water production, so I was just wondering what heights things are setup, and how to get things from filter to tub. I should be able to figure it all out though when the time comes.

Mines a bit messy at the moment to be honest, I need to add a bigger DI vessel so have not got round to tidying it up. its sat above the toilet in our downstairs bathroom lol.

Mines a bit messy at the moment to be honest, I need to add a bigger DI vessel so have not got round to tidying it up. its sat above the toilet in our downstairs bathroom lol.
Alright mate no worries. Cheers. The plan is to get a setup the same as what someone posted with the little plastic shed insulated with kingspan. But I've only just moved in to the house, so not tap, and as yet no fencing even. lol

Its pitch black at the minute, but I will see if I remember and take a couple of pics tomorrow if it helps.

Bubble wrap is very good for insulation. My 2 water butts are wrapped in bubble wrap with duck tape with a tarpaulin around them. Might even wrap my ro in bubble wrap to with little holes for the pipes to come out

Bubble wrap is very good for insulation. My 2 water butts are wrapped in bubble wrap with duck tape with a tarpaulin around them. Might even wrap my ro in bubble wrap to with little holes for the pipes to come out
Are your butts outside? is that enough to keep them from freezing in the winter?

Yeah there outside. To be honest last year we didn't really get a frost so I never really got to test them out. Had a sharp frost last night & ok the smorning so fingers crossed. Will really tell when we hit the minus. Or if. Was also told a Emerson tank heater jacket would be quite good. £14.99 in b&q

Yeah that could work, we had a bucket outside last night with water in we used to put the kids sparklers out with, that was frozen this morning, but my butt wasn't.

Back