Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Low vs high pressure 4040

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimmybob2614

Hey everyone I hope you've had a great weekend and have a nice week of work coming up.

I have a 4040RO with a booster pump, but I have to trail the lead out of the utility room door to get to the van, meaning the house is either ice cold at this time of year, or the heating is on more, both of these make unhappy. Plus the pump runs off mains too, also making me unhappy as that's more money! 

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of pros vs cons of a low pressure vs high pressure RO so I don't have to have the door open and/or power the pump. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone I hope you've had a great weekend and have a nice week of work coming up.

I have a 4040RO with a booster pump, but I have to trail the lead out of the utility room door to get to the van, meaning the house is either ice cold at this time of year, or the heating is on more, both of these make unhappy. Plus the pump runs off mains too, also making me unhappy as that's more money! 

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of pros vs cons of a low pressure vs high pressure RO so I don't have to have the door open and/or power the pump. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Put a socket on an outside wall would be the easiest choice or put the lead through a window and pull it up as tight as possible . What’s your tap pressure and flow like this will determine whether you need a high or low pressure membrane . 

Put a socket on an outside wall would be the easiest choice or put the lead through a window and pull it up as tight as possible . What’s your tap pressure and flow like this will determine whether you need a high or low pressure membrane . 
I don't know what my pressure and flow are to be honest. I have a booster pump though so currently using a high pressure membrane 

I don't know what my pressure and flow are to be honest. I have a booster pump though so currently using a high pressure membrane 
Fit an outside wall socket as @Pjj says.

I'm not sure how logical it would be the spend £360 on an Axeon HF5 membrane to save a little electricity using a booster pump.

Then there isn't any reason why you can't run your r/o without the booster pump switched on to monitor its performance and rejection rate.

Fit an outside tap.    If you have a spare socket in your kitchen not in use just plug the new outside socket into that .  drill a hole and fit it yourself.     these sockets are cheap now .  i did a double one myself .  thought about getting  a sparky in  but this is all he would have done 

20211201_150938.jpg

20211201_150928.jpg

best thing i done .  from charging leisure batterirs,  /  pump to transfer water into van  from water butt.  previously like you .  windows open or door wedged

To anyone who has or is thinking about fitting an external socket. If you do it make sure you have an earth leakage trip / rcd on either your fuse board (consumer unit) or on the plug that connects the external socket to the internal one!

If I remember correctly, connecting an exterior socket to the wall sockets by direct connection is classed as notifiable work and should be tested and certified by a qualified person!!!! A plug in one is fine but for safety make sure there is an rcd / earth leakage trip in the system!

Fit an outside tap.    If you have a spare socket in your kitchen not in use just plug the new outside socket into that .  drill a hole and fit it yourself.     these sockets are cheap now .  i did a double one myself .  thought about getting  a sparky in  but this is all he would have done 

View attachment 26073

View attachment 26074
Should have an RCD plug, I have bought x2 outdoor sockets that come with a rcd from Toolstation in the past for about £20 each with an rcd at least only that socket will trip and nothing else if there is any issues 

Back