Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who is responsible for this

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J and S

Went for 2 new tyres fitting...when I get there guy says leave us your keys just finishing my sandwich then will crack on with it....goes for a walk around town and supermarket then get the call to say it's ready....go back and pay the guy and turn to walk to van....that's when I notice the front roof bar is tilted back.....he's gone to try put it in a smaller bay to the side and caught the front roof bar before stopping.......he gave me a tenner back for my troubles but refused to pay more....is he at fault?
I now know it's going to cost more than a tenner to put right.

It is his fault, he was working on it in his premises and damaged your vehicle. Get 2 estimates and ask for him to pay for it. If he refuses take him to small claims, he's admitted liability by giving you some money. His liability insurance will cover him, if he's got any

Cost me £64.50 plus about 90 minutes faffing about......I use him because he only lives round corner and I clean his windows lol.

Next time? I'm going to see him hopefully this w/e......the guy who actually did it didn't seem to think it was much of an issue...I nearly drove off without seeing it.

Back